How to run a process in background? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone
    I would like to know if its possible to do as below scenario (Using ASP.NET C#):

I have a web page called news, and I would like to make archive those news older than a date, the thing is i can make it in such way that Admin clicks on refresh Archive, and the process of archiving will be done, but lets say admin does not login for a long time, then What? !!!

I know how to archive and read the data and stuff, i just want to know if it is possible to have a process to be called every 24 hours for example to archive the old news
    Also since I'm going to upload those files on a host, is the solution related to specific server or not? Do I need to get some specific package? (A name will help me a lot :) )

Sorry for my English
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Monday, November 9, 2009 9:43 AM It's off topic here. (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Mahdi zoozoo,

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to ASP.NET, you could post your thread on ASP.NET Forum. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, November 9, 2009 9:43 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 9:43 AM

All replies

• Lets say I have a table called News, and I have a column (Bool) called is_archived

So every day a process checks through the table and tick those news before a certain date (based on current date, if the news has 24 hours old, then set is_archived to true)

I know how to do the stuff again, just need to know the process.

Also I cannot do it by remotely accessing to the server (not in this scenario) and creating a scheduled process in Windows servers.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:26 PM
  • Hi Mahdi zoozoo,

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to ASP.NET, you could post your thread on ASP.NET Forum. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, November 9, 2009 9:43 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 9:43 AM