CRM 2011 refresh form problem RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i created a entity without any customized field.

i create this entity and set the field to "something",

i clicked save and the record is saved successfully

i closed this record. and then open it again.

i edit the field to "something like", click save button. i could see the change. but then i click F5 immediately. that modified field back to "something".

how to solve this?

thanks.

a

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 3:48 AM

Answers

• It's caching the old form, something introduced with cross-browser in rollup 12.

If you want a true 'refresh' you need to close and reopen the form, otherwise you refresh and it will just load the same cached form.

In this particular case I suspect it is because you open the cached form, make a change and then save, so the form reloads with the new changes, but then when you 'refresh' the page, it is reloading the the old cache again because of the 'preloadcache' parameter in the URL not changing after you save.

Hope that explains it

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Monday, August 5, 2013 10:38 AM

All replies

• Are you using MC CRM 4.0 or 2011

The data what you have done changes is not getting saved in the backend and because of which you were able to see the old data.

Use the below thing to save the data

for 4.0 --> crmForm.all.yourattribute.ForceSubmit = true;

for 2011 --> Xrm.Page.data.entity.attributes.get('fieldName').setSubmitMode("always");
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:07 AM
  • hi, in fact i have saved the value in the record. the problem is then i refresh the form. the change is gone (although i can see the changed value again after i close and reopen the form).

a

Thursday, August 1, 2013 6:47 AM
  • Yes, evne though you save the value some times the data will not get saved. In order to do that, where ever you are setting the value, below that you use the statements mentioned above. These statements will force the data to be saved.

Thursday, August 1, 2013 7:25 AM
  • HI 

This bug is in Polaris release

We can fix this , But it is fixed in next release .

Regards,

Pavan Joshi

Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:37 AM
  • Hi ,

I have noticed the same issue. This is Polaris release bug.

Thanks!

Sunday, August 4, 2013 9:36 AM
  • It's caching the old form, something introduced with cross-browser in rollup 12.

If you want a true 'refresh' you need to close and reopen the form, otherwise you refresh and it will just load the same cached form.

In this particular case I suspect it is because you open the cached form, make a change and then save, so the form reloads with the new changes, but then when you 'refresh' the page, it is reloading the the old cache again because of the 'preloadcache' parameter in the URL not changing after you save.

Hope that explains it

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Monday, August 5, 2013 10:38 AM
  • Hi!

you can put this code on .js file

document.onkeydown = function (e) {
            if(e.which == 116){
                    return false;
            }
    }

This code will prevent the user to press f5.

Thanks

Friday, December 6, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Hi,

do you - or anyone else still watching this thread - know if this has been officially fixed in CRM 2011?

We have a customer on CRM 2011 UR 17 who experiences this issue quite frequently since many users have somehow adopted the habit of always hitting F5 after saving a record.

I can't find anything in the "Issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 18 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011"-List, but maybe it's incomplete?

Anybody have an official Microsoft-Reply to this issue?

And if it isn't fixed in 2011:
    Is there a workaround that doesn't involve preventing F5 altogether?

Any help/ideas appreciated!

Daniel

Friday, November 14, 2014 9:26 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

I too am experiencing this issue with a client. It first occurred last year on an old environment, once we switched to this new environment it disappeared. It has now re-emerged as an issue though, saving a record updates the database and the form reloads with the correct information however if you hit F5 it reverts back to the original values when the form was first loaded. After a minute or so of hitting F5, the form will eventually show the values that were saved in the database. They are also on CRM 2011 RU 17.

If anyone has any guidance on this it would be very welcome!

Michael

Monday, December 15, 2014 12:14 PM
  • I'm also experiencing this issue in CRM 2011 RU 17. 

The most strange thing is that works good on Chrome.

Maybe is related with the browser's configuration

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:54 AM
  • If anyone is still following this, I'm curious if there is a fix in CRM 2011.  We ran into an issue where this is causing a major inconvience.  Let me know if anyone found a work around.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:54 PM