Virus and Spyware Definitions RRS feed

• Question

•  

My vista machine shows 1.37.529.0, after I had to reinstall onecare.

My two XP machines show 1.37.450.0

The definitions have not changed since the version update.

Has anyone else seen this problem.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:49 PM

Answers

• Open One Care and select "Check for updates". The most current definition version is 1.37.638.0 and should be the same on all of your computers.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 3:39 PM

All replies

• Open One Care and select "Check for updates". The most current definition version is 1.37.638.0 and should be the same on all of your computers.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 3:39 PM
  • I do the "check for updates" and I receive the version is up to date.(on all machines).

Saturday, July 12, 2008 3:45 PM
  • I don't know why you would have different definition versions on different computers but if One Care is reporting definitions are up to date, there is most likely not an update failure issue. I will try to get more information on this issue but it won't be before Monday.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 4:11 PM
  • Thank you. If anything changes I will let you know.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 4:27 PM
  • Both xp machines were updated to 1.37.529.0 this morning.

Monday, July 14, 2008 4:41 PM
  • All 3 machines updated to 1.37.646.0 this morning. What is the latest definition?

Friday, July 18, 2008 1:53 PM
  • If that's what your copies were updated to this morning, that's the latest that is available. OneCare will get the latest available from the server when it checks for updates.

-steve

Friday, July 18, 2008 2:51 PM
  • I don't want to seem mean, but no it really wasn't helpful. I am looking to update my virus list and stay on top of it. I don't really like reading blogs.

I am more into getting to the technical issues at hand and getting them over with, then browsing for the best prices on Christmas gifts etc.

After teaching myself how to work on computers from scratch when my daughter started high school many yrs. ago and I knew she wouldn't do it, to 14 years later. The fascination of working on them is long past for me.  Now I just am looking for the easiest way out! LOL

Sunday, November 9, 2008 4:58 AM
  • I'm not sure what you think isn't helpful.

If OneCare is in green status, your copy of OneCare is up to date. If you wish to see the latest definitions available, check this site:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/

The listing for Forefront Client Security is very close to what will be in OneCare. They are not always in absolute sync, so it should not be relied upon to determine if your install is up today date, but it is a decent reference.

-steve

Monday, November 10, 2008 2:27 PM