Script() function on SqlCeSyncScopeProvisioning? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The SqlSyncScopeProvisioning provides a Script() function which I can use to create a table, including all sync provisions from within a transaction scope.

Unfortunately, SqlCeSyncScopeProvisioning does not provide such a function. Since the Apply() method tries to start its own transaction this results in an Exception regarding the use of Nested transaction and SqlCe.

Are there any plans to introduce a Script() function for the SqlCeSyncScopeProvisioning in Sync Framework 4.0?

Ruud

Saturday, April 2, 2011 12:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• afaik, the change tracking part of the SQLCe can't be scripted and is done via the SQCE APIs

also, Sync Fx 4 is not coming any time soon, see: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/synclab/thread/2c6f1ab8-fed4-4c43-9a55-93002a9a8e02

• Marked as answer by Ruud Stegers Sunday, April 3, 2011 3:11 PM
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 1:21 AM
  • Thanks for the insight, although I figure currently the tracking API must have some form of transaction support now since they seem to be used from within a transaction now by the Sync framework.

Given Sync Fx 4 will not appear soon, I'm still hoping for a 2.2 release with TransactionScope support for the above mentioned functions.

Thanks again. 

Sunday, April 3, 2011 3:16 PM