The Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) required by the XAML Designer was not correctly installed. Consider repairing your installation of either Visual Studio or the Windows SDK. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Recently I update my OS from windows 8.1 to windows 10. After completing the Visual studio 2015 professional update 3. When I lunch the my WPF application I found that XAML design forms are not loading and I am getting below SDK exceptions.

System.InvalidOperationException

The Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) required by the XAML Designer was not correctly installed. Consider repairing your installation of either Visual Studio or the Windows SDK.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateDesignerProcess(String applicationPath, String clientPort, Uri hostUri, IDictionary environmentVariables, Int32& processId, Object& processData)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain..ctor(ProcessDomainFactory factory, IIsolationBoundary boundary, AppDomainSetup appDomainInfo, IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, String baseDirectory)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize()   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedObjectFactory.Initialize()   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateObjectFactory(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, IObjectCatalog catalog)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry, IServiceProvider serviceOverrides)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DesignTools.DesignerContract.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClass10_0`1.<StartTask>b__0()   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

I did following steps to resolve this issue. But the issue is not resolved.

Link 1: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37897420/system-invalidoperationexception-the-windows-software-development-kit-sdk-requ

As per above link I updated the Visual Studio's tools and updating the Windows SDK to the Windows 10 no use issue remains same.

Link 2: social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/4aaebcb3-cae9-45f6-8a80-6dcba6ca459b/xaml-editor-error?forum=visualstudiogeneral

As per the above link source performed the below actions to resolve the issue. But no use.

Action 1:

Again format the laptop and reinstalled the windows 10. Then download the Visual studio 2015 professional update 3 from official MSDN site and installed. ---- No use the issue same.

Action 2: Updated all the installed Windows SDK kit --- No use the issue is remains same.

Action 3: Updated the windows update’s also.

Action 4:

I did a repair on vs2015 and did the uninstall and reinstalled the windows 10 sdk.  I still have the problem.

I have no idea where to go from here.  All help appreciated.

Thursday, November 12, 2020 4:34 AM

All replies

• Hello,

One consideration is to installed VS2019 Community Edition which is free and can reside side by side with VS2015. By doing this ensures you have what's needed.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

My GitHub code samples
    GitHub page

• Proposed as answer by KHURRAM RAHIM Friday, January 1, 2021 7:34 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:37 AM
  • Hi MahendraReddy,
    This Visual C# forum mainly discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.
    For questions about visual studio, it is recommended to ask the question on the Microsoft Q&A forum and you can get more professional answer.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 13, 2020 1:41 AM