Genuine Advantage confusion!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have a genuine copy of Office 2003 and a genuine copy of Visio 2002 running under Win XP SP2 both are running on a laptop and a desktop (iMac Bootcamp).
    Now when I go to update the software the software passes Genuine Advantage on the laptop but WILL NOT pass on the desktop?? I get an answer that the Office 2003 has passed but the Visio has not, so I am asked to uninstall the Visio to be able to use the 'Update' service??
    Both programs have been 'Activated' sucessfully and the fact is acknowledged by the program.
    I have tried to fix this problem by checking and reinstalling Genuine Advantage, but nothing works.
    So how can this be fixed please??

By the way if i remember correctly I purchased the copy of Visio in Australia and ran it on my laptop, now i am located in a different part of Asia and have it installed on my desktop. Could this have something to do with the problem??

I have uninstalled the Visio in order to get Office updates and
    after running the diagnositc test the report say the Office version is genuine, my problem is not with Office 2003 but with Visio 2002 when it is installed, any ideas on correcting this problem?
    Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:01 AM

Answers

• Peter,

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:11 PM