WHS attempts to setup Remote Access but fails on "Verifying that your remote Web site is available from the internet" RRS feed

• Question

• From internally on the network, I have attempted to connect to my homeserver and it asks for a password for the router.  It is almost like the router is not forwarding ports 80 and 443 to my homeserver.  Although I found the document online that takes you through all setups of the specific routers and I have it done exactly as it says.  TCP ports 80, 443, and 4125 are all forwarding to the IP of the homeserver.  I am not sure what else to do.  Please help!

Router is a Linksys WRT300N

Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:06 AM

All replies

• From internally on the network, I have attempted to connect to my homeserver and it asks for a password for the router.  It is almost like the router is not forwarding ports 80 and 443 to my homeserver.  Although I found the document online that takes you through all setups of the specific routers and I have it done exactly as it says.  TCP ports 80, 443, and 4125 are all forwarding to the IP of the homeserver.  I am not sure what else to do.  Please help!

Router is a Linksys WRT300N

Don't try from inside your LAN.  Some routers have problems with loopback requests.  Try it from outside your house (friend's house, coffee shop, etc).
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:30 AM