none
Streets and Trips construction information not updated or missing a major work zone on I65 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the trial version of Microsoft Streets and Trips to plan a trip that takes me down I65 from Louisville KY to Nashville TN.

I have run the Update Construction Information on the Route menu. It tells me that "Construction Information is up to date, do you want to download the most recent information, anyway?" I say yes, It runs very quickly and tells me "The most up-to-date construction information for routes has been downloaded successfully". However, it fails to show construction between mile 64 and exit 91. On the Kentucky Department of Transporation website, I found this information:

I-65 in both directions: Long term road construction.
    between Mile Point 64 in Hart County and Exit 91. Look out for long term road construction work. A lane is closed. The roadway is reduced to one lane. Expect long delays. From 6:00AM EDT to 9:00PM EDT on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Until August 30.

Comment: Speed limits are reduced and fines are doubled in work zones. Expect backups at intersection points on 31W from Munfordville to Elizabethtown as overflow traffic diverts from the interstate and road construction. No lane closures are allowed from Thursday Afternoon through Sunday evenings. Through traffic from Bowling Green to Elizabethtown may also wish to consider the William H Natcher Parkway and Wendell H Ford Western Kentucky Parkway routes to rejoin I65. This route may be especially beneficial to commerial traffic. Motorists may wish to seek alternate routes, such as US 31E.

Last updated July 29

A friend traveled this route recently and said they had a 2 1/2 hour delay on this stretch, even at night. Why doesn't this show up on Streets and Trips when I run construction update?

I had an older version of Streets and Trips on my old PC, and it did a good job of showing constructions. It even prompted me to run the update just about every time I planned a new route or modified an existing one. That might be an annoyance to some people, but I would much rather be annoyed with the prompt than with the major delay on that route.

Is this because of the trial version that it isn't updating? I don't want to have this problem when I actually purchase the program!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:22 AM

All replies