none
Session timeout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a web application and i set default sesion timeout as 15 minutes.according to me the session time out we set in IIS level.

is there any way to set the session timout for a single page within my applicaiton set as 5 minutes.(other pages should work with default session timeout)

Please advise

Thanks

Abdul Kadar.

• Moved by YiChun Chen Monday, June 14, 2010 10:54 AM It's off-topic here. (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:35 PM

Answers

• Thansk Yichun,

I did that through javascript, thanks.

aspx:

<

body id="body1" runat ="server">

aspx.cs:        body1.Attributes.Add("onload", "setTimeout(\"window.location.href='login.aspx';\"," + 5000 * 60 + ");");

• Marked as answer by S A Kadar Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:18 PM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Abdul,

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to ASP.NET, you could post your thread on ASP.NET Forum. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, June 14, 2010 10:53 AM
  • Thansk Yichun,

I did that through javascript, thanks.

aspx:

<

body id="body1" runat ="server">

aspx.cs:        body1.Attributes.Add("onload", "setTimeout(\"window.location.href='login.aspx';\"," + 5000 * 60 + ");");

• Marked as answer by S A Kadar Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:18 PM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 8:16 PM