Transcoding Option in Media Connect RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi There,

First of all I want to make my compliments to the WHS team. PP1 installed smoothly on my system, no problems found so far.

I don't know if I am at the richt place her for some features requests, but I'll post it anyway.

I like to watch my movie collection trough my X-box. No need to switch DVD's when we have a WHS around the house!

But with all developments with HDTV I also like to watch for example MKV files. Are there plans to have a transcoding option in Future WHS releases. This would be a great solution for a lot of people probably. Furthermore there are still a lot of country's where movies have subtitles which will also be able to show these when streaming movies. I think this option will solve a lot of compatibility options.

I have an adjusted WHS server for this purpose to make sure it has enough power to do such a thing. But I am afraid I will have to go back to Tversity for this kind of options.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:35 PM

All replies

• Please submit suggestions through the Suggestions Form on the Connect site under feedback options - so that your fellow community members can vote for it and give it a rating.  Feel free to post a link to the suggestion here ... you may want to search for an existing similar suggestion ...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:50 PM