Product Key - Has it been used? RRS feed

• Question

• From what I have been told by microsoft in the past If you have that COA it proves ownership for the product. They always if there is an issue want you to copy and send them the COA as proof of ownership, have done this many of times for the upgrades. Unless the other company can prove that it is their's by getting the information from the vendor they purchased it from. I deal with CDW and another local vendor and they both keep my Microsoft number for me when they ship so if a employee or former employee use the serials they can be traced back to us or from them in that fact.  I guess it is like finding a $100 bill on the ground, do you turn it in or do you keep it.  Could come back to bite you in the butt if you do or will be sitting collecting dust.  Kind of a judgement call, damned if you do and ***removed word*** if you don't.
    • Split by Stephen Holm Monday, May 18, 2009 6:41 PM Splitting post...Stephen
    • Edited by Stephen Holm Monday, May 18, 2009 6:51 PM Removed a curse word....Stephen
    Monday, May 18, 2009 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hello ELDuce,

Thank you for visiting our forum today :-).   Do you have any particular questions we may help you with regarding WGA?

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:18 PM
    Monday, May 18, 2009 6:49 PM