Failure to validate my Office 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this diagnostic error when I try to validate Office.  I bought Office 2003 at Fry's and it has been fine so far.  Is the problem that it is on my laptop as well as my desktop machine?  Another issue might be that I recently had a hard drive problem and installed a second hard drive and I think Office 2003 lives on both the hard drives.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-YVVQ2-KBWP8-MRRWM
    Windows Product Key Hash: PaCQk9UJqC8W6VvrhNE/6BBo73Y=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-640-6773883-23737
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 0c2aedd1-6d13-433d-b96e-67b9d65800de
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: Yes
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>0c2aedd1-6d13-433d-b96e-67b9d65800de</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-MRRWM</PKey><PID>76487-640-6773883-23737</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-606747145-1450960922-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>INTELR</Manufacturer><Model>AWRDACPI</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="2"/><Date>20041228000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>D8C6382701848E63</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57893</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-002F-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>290EFF30B6DC266</Val><Hash>ieJsrR8A4Ur/S3BZDvehPd2IklM=</Hash><Pid>81602-307-1875257-68339</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 4:25 PM

Answers

• Rudy,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information and posting on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team find resolutions. I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you.

OGA Data-->

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Office and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install Office Professional Edition is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.
    This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. You will need to uninstall Office before any further complications occur from being non genuine.

As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution.  First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please go back to where you purchased Office and let them know it is a counterfeit copy and demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of Office to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your Office.  Second, if you purchased this copy of Office from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Reporting piracy to Microsoft will help alleviate others in becoming victims such as yourself. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/. It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

Good news your Windows installation did pass validation and is genuine, so that's great news. Again I am sorry to hear about your situation. In turn I hope the information will help you with getting a resolution. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 11:26 PM
  • Thanks, Stephen.

I went to the Genuine page and filled out a Piracy Report form to try and get a complimentary replacement.

My copy is indeed high quality with edge to edge hologram, and I have the several years old purchase receipt from Fry's Electronics in Campbell, CA.

I have one concern before mailng this disk off to your processing center in Erie, Pa and never seeing it again.

The disk and it's box are marked Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003.  And on the piracy report form it says I am submitting Office Professional Edtion 2003.

Is the Sudent and Teacher Edition eligible for the piracy report?  Was it in fact a type of piracy for Fry's to sell this edition, given that Fry's Electronics isn't an educational institution?  Or is it a pirated edition that was just marked that way?

If the disk is not going to qualify for the replacment, I don't want to mial it in and wait 6 weeks to find out it's not gonna work.

But if the offer is really going to work it seems like a very generous deal on microsoft's part.

Please advise if you can.

Thanks,

Rudy Rucker

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 3:14 PM
  •  

Hi MS Office Support.

My version of Office 2003 worked up until yesterday.   Both my XP Pro and Office 2003 have been validated over the web and over the phone with MS Security support after my XP Pro OS started failing to validate for some unknown reason after an upgrade from MS.

Ticket #1 Feb 23, 2007 : "Regarding Case Number SRZ070223002528"

Ticket #2, March 15, 2007:  SRX1031051007ID - SETUP\xpp\windows update

The OS is "still working" for now but Office is now failing to validate:

Both where finally resolved now Office 2003 is "in-valid" again the License key I have is valid and has been validated by MS Security. why is it failing now..

WGA Data-->
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-23VQ3-PH8BW-FGTVY
    Windows Product Key Hash: PL+wbwA6iOHkI8cT2xLs3Yc/YRQ=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-016-4214127-22818
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    ID: cc07f12f-1e22-4731-ae62-f41255268a2b
    AutoDial: No
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.18.1
    Validation Diagnostic:

Notifications Data-->
    Version: 1.7.18.1

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 112 License Store Error
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_63BB5E84-554-80004005_E2AD56EA-252-80004005_16E0B333-57-80004005_B4D0AA8B-910-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>cc07f12f-1e22-4731-ae62-f41255268a2b</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-FGTVY</PKey><PID>76487-016-4214127-22818</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1644491937-796845957-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>Inspiron 5160                   </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Version>A08</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20050321000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>3EB43007018400DC</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>112</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>112</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>8CC96DA4F385500</Val><Hash>jdmg463bawiSBJ2Nbb76p4ne+3A=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-4449176-57948</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:24 AM
  • Rudy,

Each location works with MS as what products they sell. So I can't answer the question regarding was it piracy if that retailer sold the edition which you are questioning. The edition you are discussing should be covered but MS must make the final determination if the version you return for analysis is high quality.  Thank you for posting and if you need further assistance please post again.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 11, 2007 8:12 PM
  • Hello Tony,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  Microsoft does not recommend running multiple versions of Office simultaneously but it is possible to install and use more than one version on a single computer.  Below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article describing problems you may encounter and offers advice on preventing different versions of Office from conflicting with each other:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576/en-us

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate an Office product: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide available options we have for assisting customers to address issues they are currently experiencing. Attached below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This will allow you to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and explain detailed information. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and uninstall all Microsoft Office programs on your computer, then reinstall Microsoft Office using the genuine MS Office installation CD and product key.
    Next, review the KB article @ http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PkuInstructions.aspx?displayLang=enUtility.  This link provides information for Windows Product Key Update Tool Instructions.
    If you are still having issues, can you do the following?
    1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with “ADMINISTRATOR” privileges.
    2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click "RUN".
    3) When the tool loads, click “CONTINUE”.
    4) Is the “RESOLVE” button available? If so, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool repair the issue.
    5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.
    6) Please reply back to this post and PASTE the entire results into reply of this post. 
    We can take a look at it and offer you some suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 11, 2007 8:21 PM

All replies

• Rudy,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information and posting on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team find resolutions. I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you.

OGA Data-->

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Office and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install Office Professional Edition is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.
    This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. You will need to uninstall Office before any further complications occur from being non genuine.

As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution.  First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please go back to where you purchased Office and let them know it is a counterfeit copy and demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of Office to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your Office.  Second, if you purchased this copy of Office from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Reporting piracy to Microsoft will help alleviate others in becoming victims such as yourself. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/. It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

Good news your Windows installation did pass validation and is genuine, so that's great news. Again I am sorry to hear about your situation. In turn I hope the information will help you with getting a resolution. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 11:26 PM
  • Thanks, Stephen.

I went to the Genuine page and filled out a Piracy Report form to try and get a complimentary replacement.

My copy is indeed high quality with edge to edge hologram, and I have the several years old purchase receipt from Fry's Electronics in Campbell, CA.

I have one concern before mailng this disk off to your processing center in Erie, Pa and never seeing it again.

The disk and it's box are marked Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003.  And on the piracy report form it says I am submitting Office Professional Edtion 2003.

Is the Sudent and Teacher Edition eligible for the piracy report?  Was it in fact a type of piracy for Fry's to sell this edition, given that Fry's Electronics isn't an educational institution?  Or is it a pirated edition that was just marked that way?

If the disk is not going to qualify for the replacment, I don't want to mial it in and wait 6 weeks to find out it's not gonna work.

But if the offer is really going to work it seems like a very generous deal on microsoft's part.

Please advise if you can.

Thanks,

Rudy Rucker

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 3:14 PM
  •  

Hi MS Office Support.

My version of Office 2003 worked up until yesterday.   Both my XP Pro and Office 2003 have been validated over the web and over the phone with MS Security support after my XP Pro OS started failing to validate for some unknown reason after an upgrade from MS.

Ticket #1 Feb 23, 2007 : "Regarding Case Number SRZ070223002528"

Ticket #2, March 15, 2007:  SRX1031051007ID - SETUP\xpp\windows update

The OS is "still working" for now but Office is now failing to validate:

Both where finally resolved now Office 2003 is "in-valid" again the License key I have is valid and has been validated by MS Security. why is it failing now..

WGA Data-->
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-23VQ3-PH8BW-FGTVY
    Windows Product Key Hash: PL+wbwA6iOHkI8cT2xLs3Yc/YRQ=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-016-4214127-22818
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    ID: cc07f12f-1e22-4731-ae62-f41255268a2b
    AutoDial: No
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.18.1
    Validation Diagnostic:

Notifications Data-->
    Version: 1.7.18.1

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 112 License Store Error
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_63BB5E84-554-80004005_E2AD56EA-252-80004005_16E0B333-57-80004005_B4D0AA8B-910-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>cc07f12f-1e22-4731-ae62-f41255268a2b</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-FGTVY</PKey><PID>76487-016-4214127-22818</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1644491937-796845957-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>Inspiron 5160                   </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Version>A08</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20050321000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>3EB43007018400DC</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>112</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>112</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>8CC96DA4F385500</Val><Hash>jdmg463bawiSBJ2Nbb76p4ne+3A=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-4449176-57948</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:24 AM
  • Rudy,

Each location works with MS as what products they sell. So I can't answer the question regarding was it piracy if that retailer sold the edition which you are questioning. The edition you are discussing should be covered but MS must make the final determination if the version you return for analysis is high quality.  Thank you for posting and if you need further assistance please post again.

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 11, 2007 8:12 PM
  • Hello Tony,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.  Microsoft does not recommend running multiple versions of Office simultaneously but it is possible to install and use more than one version on a single computer.  Below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article describing problems you may encounter and offers advice on preventing different versions of Office from conflicting with each other:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576/en-us

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to activate an Office product: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide available options we have for assisting customers to address issues they are currently experiencing. Attached below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This will allow you to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and explain detailed information. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and uninstall all Microsoft Office programs on your computer, then reinstall Microsoft Office using the genuine MS Office installation CD and product key.
    Next, review the KB article @ http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/PkuInstructions.aspx?displayLang=enUtility.  This link provides information for Windows Product Key Update Tool Instructions.
    If you are still having issues, can you do the following?
    1) Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with “ADMINISTRATOR” privileges.
    2) Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click "RUN".
    3) When the tool loads, click “CONTINUE”.
    4) Is the “RESOLVE” button available? If so, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool repair the issue.
    5) From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.
    6) Please reply back to this post and PASTE the entire results into reply of this post. 
    We can take a look at it and offer you some suggestions as to how to resolve this issue.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

Friday, May 11, 2007 8:21 PM