adding shares to a stock already on my watch list and why does the new watch list not show the number of shares bought? RRS feed

• General discussion

• How do I add shares to a stock already on my watchlist

Monday, January 5, 2015 11:31 PM

All replies

• A Watch account in Microsoft Money  is a pretend investment account for stocks that you want to watch.

In the Portfolio, ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts will give you performance data if the you make the Buys, or even AddShares, be for non-zero quantity. To identify existing watch accounts in the Portfolio, GroupBy:AccountName. The watch accounts will have a little binocular icon to the right of the account name. You can also see those accounts in the AccountList by noting which accounts have a blank Adj.Balance. So the direct answer to your question is to make a Buy or an Add Shares in a Watch account.

It would be my preference that the amounts from watch accounts not add-in to the overall totals, but they do in Money 2006+ (not sure about earlier when the watch accounts are shown. So normally you probably want to keep ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts de-selected most of the time.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:24 PM