How to pop a new window using JavaScript or Workflow? [Urgent] RRS feed

• Question

• I've a workflow which creates a new invoice on onSave() event of order entity. I want to pop the newly created invoice window automatically on creation. How can i achieve this?

Sohaib Ahmad [Business Management Solution Professional] http://www.solutiontalk.blogspot.com
    Friday, August 21, 2009 6:40 AM

Answers

• You have a workflow which is triggerd by the save? So because the worflow runs as an asynchronous process on the server side, there is no possibility to open any window on the client side.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 7:54 AM

All replies

• You have a workflow which is triggerd by the save? So because the worflow runs as an asynchronous process on the server side, there is no possibility to open any window on the client side.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 7:54 AM
  • you can ping (Ajax) CRM looking for an invoice that is related to the current record using a predefined interval i.e. every 5 seconds. If a result is returned then construct the invoice URL using the invoice guid and use the window.open to show the invoice, otherwise show a message that enables the user to retry or abort.
    You can also ping the server a few times before showing the abort retry message

GI CRM Blog * GI Website
    Friday, August 21, 2009 8:19 AM