none
Error when installing Media Center Connector on Vista Ultimate 64 RRS feed

• Question

• Successfully installed pp2 on WHS, successfully installed Home Server Connector, but receive a version incompatibility error after entering my server password and hitting 'next' in the Media Center Connector dialogue - error detail says I must install Power Pack 2 or greater.  The Resource window in the console tells me pp2 is installed, and has Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.0.  Thanks in advance for suggestions.
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 7:43 PM

Answers

• The other clients I have available are all XP Pro boxes.  I am getting a notification in Media Center that there is a connector I need to run each time I boot up now. 

I think the best suggestion for you would be to file a bug report on Connect.
    • Marked as answer by Lara JonesModerator Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:03 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by MediaKing Thursday, July 2, 2009 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by MediaKing Thursday, July 2, 2009 3:41 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:39 AM

All replies

• Successfully installed pp2 on WHS, successfully installed Home Server Connector, but receive a version incompatibility error after entering my server password and hitting 'next' - error detail says I must install Power Pack 2 or greater.  The Resource window in the console tells me pp2 is installed, and has Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.0.  Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Did you try uninstalling the Home Server Connector software from your Vista PC, rebooting that PC, then installing the software again (from \\server\software\home server connector software)?  What is the modified date (and time) for setup.exe and WHSConnector_x64.msi in that folder?  If you logon to the server desktop and open the Console from there, are you getting any health notifications?
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:06 PM
  • Uninstall/reboot/reinstalled: no change (i reinstalled by going to http://<homeserver>:55000/)
    Modified date/time for setup.exe: 3/10/09 10:33pm
    Modified date/time for WHSConnector_x64: 3/11/09 2:11am
    Health Notifications: just a warning that the antivirus on my HTPC is out of date or missing;

is there a more current version of setup or whsconnector_x64?
    Monday, April 27, 2009 1:00 AM
  • Uninstall/reboot/reinstalled: no change (i reinstalled by going to http://<homeserver>:55000/)
    Modified date/time for setup.exe: 3/10/09 10:33pm
    Modified date/time for WHSConnector_x64: 3/11/09 2:11am
    Health Notifications: just a warning that the antivirus on my HTPC is out of date or missing;

is there a more current version of setup or whsconnector_x64?

No you have the latest files.  Do you have more than 1 client with MC?  If so, do you get the same error message on the other one as well?
    Monday, April 27, 2009 3:38 AM
  • The other clients I have available are all XP Pro boxes.  I am getting a notification in Media Center that there is a connector I need to run each time I boot up now. 

Monday, April 27, 2009 12:23 PM

I think the best suggestion for you would be to file a bug report on Connect.
    • Marked as answer by Lara JonesModerator Wednesday, May 13, 2009 8:03 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by MediaKing Thursday, July 2, 2009 3:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by MediaKing Thursday, July 2, 2009 3:41 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:39 AM