none
"Verifying port forwarding for your router failed" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I have recently installed WHS on my machine.

For some reason Remote Access is not available. I have corrected router, network and server settings.

The network indicator on the bottom right side of the desktop appears green at start up, then eventually it turns yellow and says.....

"Verifying port forwarding for your router failed"

I have manually assigned the ports in my D Link DIR 655 router.
    80, 443, 3389, 4125

I have also enabled and disabled upnp .

I have also enabled dynamic dns.
    where the router links my web page to the servers ip

I have also created a static ip on the server its self.

I DON"T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!!!

MICROSOFT support is a FRAUD. just bought the software and then they want me to pay additional money for supporting THEIR product!!!! 

Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:27 AM

All replies

• Firstly the Microsoft fraud statement - you bought an OEM (which is all that is available) copy of the software which means you provide your own support. If you want support you need to buy a machine from an OEM which will provide you with the support you desire.

Is this the original WHS or WHS2011? Where did you enable Dynamic DNS - on your router or by setting up a domain with WHS? All that you have done is about accessing your server from outside your local network but you talk about the green icon - you will only see this on your local network. Troubleshhotin a local network should be easier.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:25 AM