locked
getting the account from a customer lookup RRS feed

  • Question

  • Let's say you're building a codeless workflow for contact records that checks for the customer lookup on the originating lead record (if there is both.)

    If I just map lead.customer to contact.primaryAccount, do I have to handle the case where the lead.customer is not an account?  Or does it just filter that out and continue without error?

    If I need to handle it, how does one get to the lookup type in a codeless workflow?

    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:44 PM

All replies

  • In your check condition, you have to explicitly state what action to take if the lead's parent customer is a contact or an account. 
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:28 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by mardukes Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:13 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:10 PM
  • And how does one do that?  My check condition offers 4 filters for Originating Lead.Customer, equals, not equals, null and not null (contains data.)
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:01 PM
  • My apologies, I had designed a workflow different from what you described.  I discovered the same behavior you have where I cannot determin the type of customer in the check condition.  Please unmark my response as the answer.

    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:07 PM
  • Maybe I have the wrong term.  I'm asking about a regular, gui workflow.  One not requiring Visual Studio.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:09 PM
  • I tested it.  Well, what it won't do is error out.  What it WILL DO is put a contact into the parent account field (relationship.)

    Nice!
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:50 PM