Plugin profiler install timeout RRS feed

• Question

• I am having some trouble installing the plugin profiler with the plugin registration tool and was wondering if anyone had any advice. So far I have tried re-downloading the SDK (and double checking that I am running the latest version from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50032) as well as running it within a VM set to English US (language and region). 

I am receiving the below error message after a one hour timeout: 

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Import Timeout: 3600
       at PluginProfiler.Library.ProfilerManagementUtility.ImportSolutionAsyncAndWait(CrmServiceClient service, String prtpath, Boolean publishWorkflows, Boolean overwriteUnmanagedCustomizations, Int32 sleepInterval, Int32 asyncWaitTimeout)
       at PluginProfiler.Library.ProfilerManagementUtility.RetrieveOrCreateProfilerPluginType(CrmServiceClient service, String prtpath)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Libraries.OrganizationHelper.InstallProfiler(CrmOrganization org, String prtPath)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.PluginRegistration.OrganizationControlViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass27.<InstallProfiler_Clicked>b__1f(Object o, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Any help is much appreciated.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If it is CRM Online you should get in touch with Microsoft Support and open a ticket.

If it is CRM On-Prem you should ask your DBA analyze SQL for transactions that locks import.

Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:20 PM