Emails from workflow not sending data RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not exactly sure what is going on with my CRM. I have several emails being autogenerated by workflows that I set up months ago. These are all still working fine. However, with any new workflow I create now to send emails with dynamic data, the emials just get sent with the dynamic field name, but the actual data is not being sent. So for example if I want to send an email with a new account that has been created and i want to send the account name and other information to some end users, only the field names are being sent as shown below. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I duplicated other workflows that are working but the new ones I create don't work.

Example of the email data being sent by the workflow when a new account was added:

'>{Account(Account)}

'>{Address 1: City(Account)}

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:45 PM

Answers

• I found another post that stated this is an issue when having IE 8.0 installed. I uninstalled IE 8.0 installed 7.0 back and now it works. For those wondering I did remove all security settings in the browser before downgrading but it did not help...So beware of upgrading IE. 

Now i have a new issue with my send e-mail workflow, but I'm sure this is browser based as well. When I go back to edit any of the emails. the email is blank. All of my text and added fields dissapear. As long as I don't edit I'm fine. If I need to edit then i have to start from scratch. I guess I should just be happy this is all related to my browser and not a more serious issue.

• Marked as answer by dbtechy Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:24 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:23 PM

All replies

• I suggest you check the CRM trace for specific errors. Did you install a rollup lately?
    http://mscrm4ever.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:47 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by dbtechy Tuesday, April 7, 2009 7:22 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:30 PM
  • I had not installed a rollup recently. I went ahead and applied rollup 3 but I'm still having the same issue.

I'm not familiar with the CRM trace, where do I check this?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not but when i open up a workflow 'send email' I do get a warning "The e-mail below might contain script or content that is potentially harmful and has been blocked." I can't remember if I was getting this before or not. I assume this is common?

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 6:14 PM
  • you may have a popup blocker stopping the script

I don't believe this message is normal
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 8:05 PM
  • Have you recently upgraded to IE8?
    Larry Lentz [Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP]
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:22 PM
  • I found another post that stated this is an issue when having IE 8.0 installed. I uninstalled IE 8.0 installed 7.0 back and now it works. For those wondering I did remove all security settings in the browser before downgrading but it did not help...So beware of upgrading IE. 

Now i have a new issue with my send e-mail workflow, but I'm sure this is browser based as well. When I go back to edit any of the emails. the email is blank. All of my text and added fields dissapear. As long as I don't edit I'm fine. If I need to edit then i have to start from scratch. I guess I should just be happy this is all related to my browser and not a more serious issue.

• Marked as answer by dbtechy Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:24 PM
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:23 PM
  • IE8 is a strange beast, it broke a lot of stuff on the way. HOWEVER, it would be interesting to see whether it worked with the "Compatibility View" button. I guess it's too late now that you have removed it, but IE8 has a little button close to the "Go" button that will make it work like IE7. When you hover over it it reads "Compatibility View".
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 2:58 AM
  • I have tested this with IE8 Compatibility View set to ON. I still get the 'Script' error bar. When re-opening the workflow in IE7, and cut/save/paste/save the email body, the 'Script' error goes away and the emails flow with data again.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:50 PM
  • I'm having the same issue. Seeing as how this was several years ago, is there a fix to use IE8 and have these work properly?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:09 PM