Deny one user access to one project RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently learning how the permissions work in project server.  Initially, it seems very complicated.  However, what I need to do for the time being is deny one user access to one project.  In the future, I might need to create some kind of group that would allow me to deny several users to one or several projects. 

I created a Group in server settings with "Deny" selected on "Project" in the "Global Permissions"  (The options there were Build Team on New Project, New Project, Open Project Template, etc).  Incidentally, none of those options said anything like "Deny access to project", which is what I was expecting to see.  I then added that group to the individual Project Permissions in the ribbon.  I can add my group there, however, all the permissions there give me allow options and not deny options.. (View the Project Site, View the Project Summary, etc).

What is the least complicated way to completely deny access to one user on one project? 

Monday, August 28, 2017 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume you are working with Project Server Permission mode and can see "Manage Categories" in PWA Settings. For your current request, I suggest the following approach:

• Create a new category "Deny <ProjectName?".
    • Add this specific project to "Selected Projects"
    • Don't change anything in "Resources"
    • Add all views
    • In Permissions, add either user or your group "Deny" to Users and Groups with Permissions
    • Select the username (or the group) and set Deny for all check boxes for Project.

Does that work?

Barbara

• Marked as answer by spex5 Monday, August 28, 2017 6:12 PM
    Monday, August 28, 2017 4:47 PM