Missing Computers & Backup Tab And Backup Settings Option RRS feed

• Question

• My WHS console is missing the Computers & Backup tab, and my console settings window has lost the Backup settings tab.  It was working early yesterday, but yesterday afternoon the tab and settings button are now missing.  I have tried restarting, but did not fix the problem.

Any ideas as to how I get the Computers & Backup tab, and the Backup settings tab back?  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 1:51 AM

Answers

• Well, I started getting errors when I opend the console (was not get them at first) and I followed bkinkele's instructions here for removing the errors.  This in turn got my Computer & Backup tab and Backup settings tab back.  Thanks so much for the replies, I am sure I will need to pointers at some point.  Thanks again.

• Marked as answer by voorhees98 Thursday, June 3, 2010 2:37 AM
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 2:37 AM

All replies

• Have you recently installed or uninstalled anything on your server? Have you tried checking all your drives for errors?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:24 AM
  • If you cannot find and fix the reason by other methods (check the event log of the server for related error messages) it may eventually help to uninstall Power Pack 3 from Control Panel or by running spuninst.exe on the server desktop from C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB968349$\spuninst (unsupported method), reboot and update your server again via console as a last resort before attempting a server reinstall.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:16 AM
  • Well, I started getting errors when I opend the console (was not get them at first) and I followed bkinkele's instructions here for removing the errors.  This in turn got my Computer & Backup tab and Backup settings tab back.  Thanks so much for the replies, I am sure I will need to pointers at some point.  Thanks again.

• Marked as answer by voorhees98 Thursday, June 3, 2010 2:37 AM
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 2:37 AM