My MCT certification has expired few months ago, how to get it back ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'am MCT (actually, i used to be an MCT)

Few months ago (May), Microsoft sent me an email requesting me to renew my certification (by do some paying)

Unfortunately, i forgot to do it, and now, i discovered that i'm not MCT anymore?

What do i need to do ?

Do i need to re-pass the MCT exam and sessions ?

Please, enlight me !

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com

Monday, August 10, 2015 10:03 AM

Answers

• MCTs that do not renew their MCT membership by their anniversary date may elect to re-enroll in the MCT Program, however their transcript will reflect an interruption in their MCT status and they will have to meet the current requirements for entry into the MCT Program.

Entry Requirements.

You must complete the following steps to apply for entry in the MCT Program:

a. Earn and currently hold a qualifying Microsoft certification

b. Possess instructional skills

c. Provide Microsoft with proof of your instructional skills

d. Accept the current MCT Program Guide & Agreement

e. Complete and submit the application form to become a MCT

f. Pay all applicable fees

If you have questions about the MCT Program requirements, please contact your region’s Microsoft Regional Service Center (“RSC”).

The MCT enrollment tool is available on the MCP member website. You must complete the online MCT Program application, pay the annual MCT Program fee, and submit all requested documentation to the address specified in the MCT Program enrollment tool. (Note: application process and timeline may vary by country or region.) Fees vary depending on your country/region of residence. Please refer to the online MCT Program Fees table for specific information.

Refer the PDF for complete details: http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/1/8/E184E61D-1C71-46ED-9A55-982FE80D5899/MCT_Program_Guide_2014.pdf

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Monday, August 10, 2015 10:29 AM
  • Hi Samir,

You should possess instructional skills and provide Microsoft with proof of your instructional skills.

The MCT enrollment tool is available on the MCP member website. You must complete the online MCT Program application, pay the annual MCT Program fee, and submit all requested documentation to the address specified in the MCT Program enrollment tool. (Note: application process and timeline may vary by country or region.)

Your regional service center can answer questions about the certification process and the program requirements.

This should help: MCT Renewal: Unable to access the enrollment tool

Monday, August 10, 2015 4:36 PM

All replies

• MCTs that do not renew their MCT membership by their anniversary date may elect to re-enroll in the MCT Program, however their transcript will reflect an interruption in their MCT status and they will have to meet the current requirements for entry into the MCT Program.

Entry Requirements.

You must complete the following steps to apply for entry in the MCT Program:

a. Earn and currently hold a qualifying Microsoft certification

b. Possess instructional skills

c. Provide Microsoft with proof of your instructional skills

d. Accept the current MCT Program Guide & Agreement

e. Complete and submit the application form to become a MCT

f. Pay all applicable fees

If you have questions about the MCT Program requirements, please contact your region’s Microsoft Regional Service Center (“RSC”).

The MCT enrollment tool is available on the MCP member website. You must complete the online MCT Program application, pay the annual MCT Program fee, and submit all requested documentation to the address specified in the MCT Program enrollment tool. (Note: application process and timeline may vary by country or region.) Fees vary depending on your country/region of residence. Please refer to the online MCT Program Fees table for specific information.

Refer the PDF for complete details: http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/1/8/E184E61D-1C71-46ED-9A55-982FE80D5899/MCT_Program_Guide_2014.pdf

Monday, August 10, 2015 10:29 AM
  • Thank you Rachit.

But i still don't understand : Is these requirements online requirements or do i need to pass the same 'instructional skills' sessions like the first time ?

Thank you

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com

Monday, August 10, 2015 11:27 AM
  • Hi Samir,

You should possess instructional skills and provide Microsoft with proof of your instructional skills.

The MCT enrollment tool is available on the MCP member website. You must complete the online MCT Program application, pay the annual MCT Program fee, and submit all requested documentation to the address specified in the MCT Program enrollment tool. (Note: application process and timeline may vary by country or region.)

Your regional service center can answer questions about the certification process and the program requirements.

This should help: MCT Renewal: Unable to access the enrollment tool

Monday, August 10, 2015 4:36 PM
  • Is all MCTs are paid by Microsoft ?

Do they have any salary ?

DMG

• Proposed as answer by BlueDev 8.1 Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:17 PM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:04 PM
  • Hi, Aanand Kumar.

No - not at all!

Instead, they are paid by the training company that hired him/her for the training gig or directly by the client if it is private training.

As MCTs, we have to keep our certifications current and must renew our MCT every year for a few hundred dollars.

MCTs do get some benefits (half price exams) and access to other tools though. Learn all about the benefits, requirements, and more about the MCT program here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mct-certification.aspx

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, March 7, 2016 7:00 PM
    Answerer