none
Restarted pc and WHS recognized it as a new one RRS feed

• Question

• I restarted my pc and when it booted back up, WHS said it didnt recognize it and it then went through the setup process again and set a timeframe for backing up.  When I logged back into the console it showed my pc name twice, my original setup and the one that was done after restarting.  I didnt have any backups yet anyways, but what causes this and how can I prevent it from happening?

Thanks for any help!
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 8:27 PM

All replies

• I restarted my pc and when it booted back up, WHS said it didnt recognize it and it then went through the setup process again and set a timeframe for backing up.  When I logged back into the console it showed my pc name twice, my original setup and the one that was done after restarting.  I didnt have any backups yet anyways, but what causes this and how can I prevent it from happening?

Thanks for any help!

The only thing I can think of is somehow it lost the unique ID associated with your client so it generated a new one.  You might try running chkdsk /r on your client and server hard drives to make sure all of them are healthy.  See the FAQ post:  How to check all the drives in your server for errors for details about checking your server drives.
    Monday, September 7, 2009 12:15 AM