better processor RRS feed

• Question

• WHICH PROCESSOR DO U THINK IS BETTER PENTIUM OR AMD. DOES ANY OF THESE HAVE REALLY BIG DISADVANTAGE IN COMPARISION TO OTHER ONE.

IF U CAN PLZ SUGGEST WHICH PROCESSOR MACHINE TO BUY OR SHOULD BE GIVEN PREFFERENCE.

Friday, February 23, 2007 7:48 PM

Answers

• intel with their core 2 duo s have as for now emerged as leaders in the processor race. lets hope AMD comes faster with their  quad core athlons .

but its gonna be us who are going to enjoy the benefits of the battle between two giants  i.e. price cut

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:15 PM
  • dear what about AMD athlon FX. is it true that this processor overheats after some time
    Friday, March 2, 2007 6:42 PM
  • i wud say intel pentium core 2 duo is the best as of now...
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:16 AM
  • dear actually this was a poll sort of and i wanted to know the majority prefference and choice as i had to buy a PC.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:13 PM
  •  mr.dexter wrote:

WHICH PROCESSOR DO U THINK IS BETTER PENTIUM OR AMD. DOES ANY OF THESE HAVE REALLY BIG DISADVANTAGE IN COMPARISION TO OTHER ONE.

IF U CAN PLZ SUGGEST WHICH PROCESSOR MACHINE TO BUY OR SHOULD BE GIVEN PREFFERENCE.

Well i have been using AMD processor for quiet long now and i dont have any problems with them....

for more details u can check out this CNET site

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html 

and another reputed hardware tester site is

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/06/03/dual_core_stress_test/index.html

visit these sites andu will get all the info u want....

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:16 PM
  • thanks dear for giving the sites but actually its all technical terms which ii like getting brochure from vendors. but definitely this site helped a lot.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 7:15 PM
  • any more suggestion for a better processor
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:21 PM
  • intel pentium core 2 duo
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:54 PM
  • my suggession is to go 4 intel pentium core 2 duo....
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:38 AM
  • the amd is planning to introduce the quad processor the mightiest of mighty.. also amd has the advantages of better graphics, lower cost and less power consumption.. so i bat for amd, though i use intel
    Monday, March 12, 2007 11:23 AM
  • i jus now bought a intel core 2 duo processor and im impressed by its performance...jus go for it...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 3:19 PM
  • dear friend i could not find core2 duo more than the speed of 2.6 GHz whereas pentium4 has the speed of about 3.02 GHz, so shouldn't this speed factor be considered while buying the processor
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:09 AM
  • intel ofcourse....

u can judge the processors by their popularity..

there intel is best

also amd processor used to be more hot than the intel processors while functioning.....

Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:42 AM
  • in desktop pc only the intels is the world leader

but in big level applications amd is the best one.

in  cost wise also its the best one

the disadvantage of the amd is processor noise  and it will get heated quickly

in performance wise two are equal

my choice is amd
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:34 PM

All replies

• intel with their core 2 duo s have as for now emerged as leaders in the processor race. lets hope AMD comes faster with their  quad core athlons .

but its gonna be us who are going to enjoy the benefits of the battle between two giants  i.e. price cut

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:15 PM
  • dear what about AMD athlon FX. is it true that this processor overheats after some time
    Friday, March 2, 2007 6:42 PM
  • AMD is better but its depend on u
    Saturday, March 3, 2007 10:57 AM
  • i wud say intel pentium core 2 duo is the best as of now...
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:16 AM
  • dear actually this was a poll sort of and i wanted to know the majority prefference and choice as i had to buy a PC.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:13 PM
  • well the amd is the better choice... cos of its advanced graphics options and lower price... also the amd works better with the aseus mother board rather than intel... the aseus mother board is also cost efficient and definitely costs less than intel processors... so aseus + amd is the best combination for a cost efficient and high performance pc.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:37 PM
  •  mr.dexter wrote:

WHICH PROCESSOR DO U THINK IS BETTER PENTIUM OR AMD. DOES ANY OF THESE HAVE REALLY BIG DISADVANTAGE IN COMPARISION TO OTHER ONE.

Well i have been using AMD processor for quiet long now and i dont have any problems with them....

for more details u can check out this CNET site

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html 

and another reputed hardware tester site is

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/06/03/dual_core_stress_test/index.html

visit these sites andu will get all the info u want....

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:16 PM
  • thanks dear for giving the sites but actually its all technical terms which ii like getting brochure from vendors. but definitely this site helped a lot.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 7:15 PM
  • any more suggestion for a better processor
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:21 PM
  • intel pentium core 2 duo
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:54 PM
  • my suggession is to go 4 intel pentium core 2 duo....
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:38 AM
  • the amd is planning to introduce the quad processor the mightiest of mighty.. also amd has the advantages of better graphics, lower cost and less power consumption.. so i bat for amd, though i use intel
    Monday, March 12, 2007 11:23 AM
  • i jus now bought a intel core 2 duo processor and im impressed by its performance...jus go for it...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 3:19 PM
  • dear friend i could not find core2 duo more than the speed of 2.6 GHz whereas pentium4 has the speed of about 3.02 GHz, so shouldn't this speed factor be considered while buying the processor
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:09 AM
  • intel ofcourse....

u can judge the processors by their popularity..

there intel is best

also amd processor used to be more hot than the intel processors while functioning.....

Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:42 AM
  • in desktop pc only the intels is the world leader

but in big level applications amd is the best one.

in  cost wise also its the best one

the disadvantage of the amd is processor noise  and it will get heated quickly

in performance wise two are equal

my choice is amd
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:34 PM