Can't see standard CRM Reports when creating new report RRS feed

• Question

• We are a small company, so we have CRM, SharePoint and a few other applications on one server (Domain Controller).

The server is Windows 2008 64-bit.  We have CRM 4.0, SQL Server 2008, reporting services and CRM data connector installed.

When I load CRM and goto the Reports Wizard to base my report from an existing, the list is empty.

If I load my reports in Reporting Server (using the 'Show Details' option), I can navigate down and see/run them.

When I create a new report and do not base it on anything, this can be uploaded and does display in the list of existing reports.

I have ensured that NETWORK SERVICE has all the relevant CRM permissions.

The error that is displayed when I attempt to view the properties of existing reports is:

Error Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details:
    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Full Stack:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.FormDescriptorLoader.LoadCacheData(FormDescriptorCacheKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.CrmMultiOrgCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.CrmSharedMultiOrgCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.FormDescriptorCache.GetFormDescriptor(Int32 entityTypeCode, String formType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, String formType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.SFA.ReadOnlyPage.ConfigureForm()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.globushr__forms_readonly_readonly_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

The application event log gives the following:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Date:          14/09/2009 10:07:02
    Event ID:      1309
    Task Category: Web Event
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      {Server}.globushr.net
    Description:
    Event code: 3005
    Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
    Event time: 14/09/2009 10:07:02
    Event time (UTC): 14/09/2009 09:07:02
    Event ID: b8cb5024e68d4ad487083b8bc363f833
    Event sequence: 1232
    Event occurrence: 4
    Event detail code: 0

Application information:
        Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT-1-128973383743489607
        Trust level: Full
        Application Virtual Path: /
        Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\
        Machine name: {Server}

Process information:
        Process ID: 9868
        Process name: w3wp.exe
        Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
        Exception type: NullReferenceException
        Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Request information:
        Request URL: http://{Server}:5555/GlobusHR/_forms/readonly/readonly.aspx?objTypeCode=9100&id={3E3A0D70-449D-DE11-8608-00238B770BAE}
        Request path: /GlobusHR/_forms/readonly/readonly.aspx
        User host address: fe80::3898:6208:dca2:d739Full
        User: {Server}\Administrator
        Is authenticated: True
        Authentication Type: Negotiate
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
        Thread ID: 10
        Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
        Is impersonating: False
        Stack trace:    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.FormDescriptorLoader.LoadCacheData(FormDescriptorCacheKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.CrmMultiOrgCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.CrmSharedMultiOrgCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.FormDescriptorCache.GetFormDescriptor(Int32 entityTypeCode, String formType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, String formType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.SFA.ReadOnlyPage.ConfigureForm()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

I have had quite a few problems getting this to work and this is the last problem to sort.

It looks like ASP.NET problem.

Has anyone exprienced anything similar?

Any help welcomed as I really need this one fixed.

Thanks.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 9:19 AM

Answers

• I want to make sure I understand your question/situation - 

From within the CRM application you see no reports - but if you navigate through ReportServer (outside CRM) - you can see reports - is that correct?

Has there been a reinstallation / revision of the configuration? - it sounds like your CRM database doesn't know where the orginial report installation is.

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 12:09 PM