Failed build of MSBuild project with ComReference on Team Foundation Build server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm getting the following error while building MSBuild project with ComReferences on the Team Foundation Build server:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3290: Failed to create the wrapper assembly for type library "NECore". Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))

Our team is developing plug-in for some application. Normally we install this application on our PCs. This application install MSIL assemblies to GAC and some COM components. Our plug-in references those MSIL assemblies and COMs. Thus we can successfully build and debug our plug-in on our PCs.

We are using TFS for source control and build data services (also plan to use it for work items tracking, reporting etc.). There is separate Team Foundation build server intended for continuous integration and scheduled builds.

The problem is that we are not able to install the application on the build server. We want to be able to store referenced MSIL assemblies and COM libraries on the TFS (in some project folder like CommonBin). Thus the build on the build server requires some manipulations with MSBuild project.

I added AdditionalReferencePath to point to the MSIL assemblies on the build server - it's good. However there is a problem with COM libraries. I tried to register COMs on the build server with regsvr32 - it's done successfully.

But the build fails. The COM library NECore uses tlbimp WrapperTool. I tried to make interop assembly manually on the server - but got the same error as I stated above.

The problem is concerned with the fact that the wrapper interop assembly can't be created from the COM library for some reason.

Can anybody help me to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Evgen Degtiarov Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:44 PM
    • Moved by Rong-Chun Zhang Wednesday, October 8, 2008 6:01 AM about TFS (Moved from MSBuild to Where is the Forum For…?)
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 4:40 PM

Answers

All replies