Activation problems vista, error code 0x80070426 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have some problems concerning the activation of Vista on my computer, when i try to update or if i klick on activate windows i get the error code 0x80070426.

Here's the report:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0

Cached Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0x80070426
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-H2QD2-V4DCP-X7QB8
    Windows Product Key Hash: MvKKFuoJKNIo4kxOa/fSwfVoEj0=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003
    ID: {83D2B5DB-1C87-469A-B3E4-2DDBC3C7E385}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.9.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 103 Blocked VLK
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - 103 Blocked VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: P:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{83D2B5DB-1C87-469A-B3E4-2DDBC3C7E385}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0011.0</Version><OS>6.0.6002.2.00010300.2.0.003</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-X7QB8</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2026643855-1689576567-4246310798</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>MEDIONPC</Manufacturer><Model>MS-7366</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>A7366MLN.20P</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="5"/><Date>20080709000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>EB333507018400F8</HWID><UserLCID>0413</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0413</SystemLCID><TimeZone>West-Europa (standaardtijd)(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>MEDION</OEMID><OEMTableID>MEDIONAG</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>103</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>103</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>8378A149870CD8E</Val><Hash>UC8u6c2pooF6QBl3M2RK3SEjNp4=</Hash><Pid>89388-711-1255877-65908</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="103"/><App Id="BA" Version="12" Result="103"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    Software Licensing service is not running.

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: NgAAAAEABAABAAEAAQABAAAAAwABAAEAeqh+0/SrpOqCVezFtHP2CRrU8vRk0CYqrFaHnExY

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes
    Windows marker version: 0x20000
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value
      APIC            070908        APIC0909
      FACP            070908        FACP0909
      HPET            070908        OEMHPET0
      MCFG            070908        OEMMCFG
      WDRT            070908        NV-WDRT
      SLIC            MEDION        MEDIONAG
      OEMB            070908        OEMB0909
      NVHD            070908        NVHDCP
      SSDT            DpgPmm        CpuPm

The Windows Product Key on the report is different from the one on the back of my computer, is it normal?

I hope you can help me!

Thank you!

René from Holland
    Tuesday, January 5, 2010 11:23 AM

Answers

• Hello rursadoum,

luna wang Users MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers Medalsis having a completly different issue then yours.

Computers, which are built by large manufactures that come with Windows Pre-Installed, come with two (2) Product Keys:

A)   OEM SLP: This key comes pre-installed in Windows, when it comes from the Factory. This key is geared to work with the special instructions found only on that Manufacturer's computer hardware. So when Windows was installed using the OEM SLP key (at the factory) Vista looks at the motherboard and sees the special instructions and Self-Activates. (that's why you did not need to Activate your computer after you brought it home)

B)    COA SLP: This is the Product key that you see on the sticker on the side (or bottom) of your computer. It is a valid product key, but should only be used in limited situations. The key must be activated by Phone. (Note: All manufacturers that use the OEM SLP system are required by contract to include a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker, that has a COA SLP key, on the computer)

Your Windows is using an OEM SLP key, but (for whatever reason) cannot see the special instructions in the computer’s motherboard and is unable to Self-Activate.

To fix the issue, you will need to change out the OEM SLP key with the COA SLP key.  The normal way to do this is to click the ‘Start’ button, right-click ‘Computer’, select ‘Properties’ and then click ‘Change Product Key’ (located in the lower right-hand side of the window). Enter the COA SLP key and follow the instructions in the Change Product Key Wizard.

Alternate steps to change the product key

1)    Click the Start button

2)    Type: slui.exe 3 and hit the Enter key

3)    Type in the Product key from the sticker on your computer

4)    Click the Next button.

5)    You will be asked if want to Activate, click ok

6)    It will attempt to Activate by the internet and will return an Invalid Key error (this is ok, continue to step 7)

7)    Click the Start button

8)    Type: slui.exe 4 and hit the Enter key

9)    Select your location in the drop down menu and click the Next button

10) The next screen provides the number to call to Activate by Phone

NOTE: when you call that number, you will first hear an Automated Voice. If the Automated Voice gives you an option to talk to a Live Activation Rep., select that option. If not, do not enter any numbers. This should force the Automated Voice to transfer you to a Live Activation Rep. Trying to Activate thru the Automated Voice will not work, in your case; only thru the Live Activation Rep. will your Activation be successful.

I am also seeing in your Diagnostic Report that your Vista's Software Licensing Service has stopped. Vista uses this service to check itself and confirm it is Genuine. When the service is stopped, Vista is unable to confirm it's own Genuine status and may show Genuine or Non-Genuine. The fact that the Service has stopped is also, most likely, the cause of other issues you may be experiencing (such as not having access to the Control Panel).

Normally this is not a big problem, since you can just restart the Service. However, we have seen a number of users that receive an error when they attempt to restart the Service. This indicates a more serious 'root cause' to the service having stopped.

If the above steps didn't resolve the issue, What I would like you to do is to try to restart the service using the 'Service Restart' steps, below. If the service won't restart, you will receive an error.

Service Restart steps:

(If you have access to the Start button):

2)    Type: cmd in the Start Search field

3)    At the top the Start window, you will see cmd.exe

4)    Right Click cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

5)    Type: net start slsvc

(If you do not have access to the Start button):

1)    Click the option that launches an Internet Browser

2)    A Browser will open, type: %windir%\system32 into the address field

3)    Find the file cmd.exe

4)    Right Click on the cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

A)   If the error message is "System Error 3, The system cannot find the path specified." or "System Error 2, The system cannot find the file specified": Go to the main Vista Validation forum page http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/threads/, look in the announcement section and follow the steps found in thread "Fix for ‘Software Licensing service Has Stopped’ on some Vista 64bit systems"

B)   If you receive any other error (System Error 5, System Error 57346 or System Error 54273): These occur as a result of massive file corruption.  We do not know what the root cause of the corruption is and this can be caused by any situation where files could be corrupted. However, from troubleshooting others that had this issue, the likeliest causes are either Malware Infection or failing Hard Drive. The only resolution we can suggest is reinstall Vista.

C)   If you receive no System Error and the Service start but then stops almost immediately: Something is apparently activity stopping the service. Most likely caused by some other dependent Windows Service or possibly a Malware infection. While the Software Licensing Service, itself, is part of the Anti-piracy sub-system, the running (and stopping) of Windows Services is a Vista core system that I have no insight to and is supported by Vista support at http://support.microsoft.com

Thank you,
    Darin MS 

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:23 PM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:23 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, January 6, 2010 3:28 AM
  • Hi Luna wang,

Thanks for your answer!

The other thread treats File Mismaches.
    Ive got some restauration problems, the only restauration point the computer made is from today so that won't work in my case.
    The sfc /scannow canot find anything, so there's nothing there.

I also tried this:

''1)    Click the option that launches an Internet Browser

5)    Type: net start slsvc''

The software licensing services starts but automaticly stops after a few minutes.

I tried to go to the support.microsoft.com, but for free support it asks the Product ID (PID ), after entering my number, it says its not valid. It must have someting to do with my activation problem, as i have a legal version of windows i don't want to pay 72€ for assistence...

Does anyone have an idea how i can solve this problem, id rather not reinstal windows actually :(

Thank you!!!
    • Edited by rursadoum Wednesday, January 6, 2010 12:24 PM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 10:21 AM
  • I also tried this two steps:

Step set #1

1) Open Internet Explorer

2) A Browser will open, type: %windir%\system32 into the address field

3) Find the file cmd.exe

4) Right Click on the cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

5) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)

6) Hit the Enter key

7) Reboot 2 times

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step set #2

1) Open Internet Browser

2) Type %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.

3) Find the file CMD.exe

4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator

5) Type: net stop slsvc   (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)

6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing

7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar

8) Type: cd %windir%\system32

9) Type net start slsvc

10) Reboot Twice

11) Vista may require you to enter a Product Key (use the COA SLP key found on the sticker on the side or bottom of your computer) and Activate. Use the Activate by Phone method outlined below

The first one doesnt after cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc , gives "C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs<2007, 5> <null>: 0xC0000022" 

The second step doesn't do anything...

I'm afraid i have to reinstall windows...

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 10:49 AM
  • Hello rursadoum,

luna wang Users MedalsUsers MedalsUsers MedalsUsers Medalsis having a completly different issue then yours.

Computers, which are built by large manufactures that come with Windows Pre-Installed, come with two (2) Product Keys:

A)   OEM SLP: This key comes pre-installed in Windows, when it comes from the Factory. This key is geared to work with the special instructions found only on that Manufacturer's computer hardware. So when Windows was installed using the OEM SLP key (at the factory) Vista looks at the motherboard and sees the special instructions and Self-Activates. (that's why you did not need to Activate your computer after you brought it home)

B)    COA SLP: This is the Product key that you see on the sticker on the side (or bottom) of your computer. It is a valid product key, but should only be used in limited situations. The key must be activated by Phone. (Note: All manufacturers that use the OEM SLP system are required by contract to include a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker, that has a COA SLP key, on the computer)

Your Windows is using an OEM SLP key, but (for whatever reason) cannot see the special instructions in the computer’s motherboard and is unable to Self-Activate.

To fix the issue, you will need to change out the OEM SLP key with the COA SLP key.  The normal way to do this is to click the ‘Start’ button, right-click ‘Computer’, select ‘Properties’ and then click ‘Change Product Key’ (located in the lower right-hand side of the window). Enter the COA SLP key and follow the instructions in the Change Product Key Wizard.

Alternate steps to change the product key

2)    Type: slui.exe 3 and hit the Enter key

3)    Type in the Product key from the sticker on your computer

4)    Click the Next button.

5)    You will be asked if want to Activate, click ok

6)    It will attempt to Activate by the internet and will return an Invalid Key error (this is ok, continue to step 7)

7)    Click the Start button

8)    Type: slui.exe 4 and hit the Enter key

9)    Select your location in the drop down menu and click the Next button

10) The next screen provides the number to call to Activate by Phone

NOTE: when you call that number, you will first hear an Automated Voice. If the Automated Voice gives you an option to talk to a Live Activation Rep., select that option. If not, do not enter any numbers. This should force the Automated Voice to transfer you to a Live Activation Rep. Trying to Activate thru the Automated Voice will not work, in your case; only thru the Live Activation Rep. will your Activation be successful.

I am also seeing in your Diagnostic Report that your Vista's Software Licensing Service has stopped. Vista uses this service to check itself and confirm it is Genuine. When the service is stopped, Vista is unable to confirm it's own Genuine status and may show Genuine or Non-Genuine. The fact that the Service has stopped is also, most likely, the cause of other issues you may be experiencing (such as not having access to the Control Panel).

Normally this is not a big problem, since you can just restart the Service. However, we have seen a number of users that receive an error when they attempt to restart the Service. This indicates a more serious 'root cause' to the service having stopped.

If the above steps didn't resolve the issue, What I would like you to do is to try to restart the service using the 'Service Restart' steps, below. If the service won't restart, you will receive an error.

Service Restart steps:

(If you have access to the Start button):

2)    Type: cmd in the Start Search field

3)    At the top the Start window, you will see cmd.exe

4)    Right Click cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

(If you do not have access to the Start button):

1)    Click the option that launches an Internet Browser

A)   If the error message is "System Error 3, The system cannot find the path specified." or "System Error 2, The system cannot find the file specified": Go to the main Vista Validation forum page http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/threads/, look in the announcement section and follow the steps found in thread "Fix for ‘Software Licensing service Has Stopped’ on some Vista 64bit systems"

B)   If you receive any other error (System Error 5, System Error 57346 or System Error 54273): These occur as a result of massive file corruption.  We do not know what the root cause of the corruption is and this can be caused by any situation where files could be corrupted. However, from troubleshooting others that had this issue, the likeliest causes are either Malware Infection or failing Hard Drive. The only resolution we can suggest is reinstall Vista.

C)   If you receive no System Error and the Service start but then stops almost immediately: Something is apparently activity stopping the service. Most likely caused by some other dependent Windows Service or possibly a Malware infection. While the Software Licensing Service, itself, is part of the Anti-piracy sub-system, the running (and stopping) of Windows Services is a Vista core system that I have no insight to and is supported by Vista support at http://support.microsoft.com

Thank you,
    Darin MS 

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:23 PM
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:23 PM