none
Why do Microsoft Support Staff Post Responses without any Spaces in them? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm constantly running in to post from Microsoft Support personnel that have no spaces in them. The text is all run together and unreadable.  For example:

Somethinglikethis.Whereforwhateverereason,theysimplydecidednottousethemtoday.itsreallystartingtopissmeoff!pleasestopit!!!

Friday, June 2, 2017 5:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you referring to replies in the forums? Can you post a link to an example? I don't believe I have ever seen this.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, June 2, 2017 8:04 PM
  • This is the only thread on your profile activity tab I could find where you complain about lack of spaces in a reply:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/d21c1d63-34b2-441c-bae2-d609b911c740/remote-management?forum=winserver8gen#96805db0-3c93-47f9-b504-23261356212d

But the reply looks fine to me, nothing like the "example" you posted. In fact, the forum editor might remove unnecessary blank lines in a reply, if that is your complaint. Certainly, the reply you complain about is very readable.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, June 3, 2017 2:48 PM
  • I don't think I have ever seen this either. A link would be helpful.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, June 5, 2017 2:25 PM
  • They're just being efficient by getting rid of all that unnecessary white space.  Think of the saved bandwidth!

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, June 5, 2017 9:50 PM
  • Is there any update? Links to some of these threads would be useful.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:50 PM
  • I don't believe I have ever seen this.
    I think it can happen when a poster tries to do a Copy and Paste from Word.  So maybe we need to know what browser the OP is using.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, June 19, 2017 11:01 AM