none
FaceSDK for WP8

Question

• I tried running the facesdk demos on a win phone 8 emulator as well as my wp8 phone device.

The faceparty app does not detect faces as well as the published faceswap app.. faceswap app detects faces much better than faceparty.

Is there any update to the sdk?

Saturday, March 16, 2013 7:56 AM

Answers

• I guess it's due to the resource files required by the SDK are not compiled into the package. You'd better check the configuration of those resource files in your project by referring either to the sample codes or user manual.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:54 PM
    Owner

All replies

• The SDK provides several detection options to tune the results. For example, in FaceFinder.cs, you can tune the following parameters --

private const int MaxImageDimension = 600;    // More faces may be detected if the maximum dimension is larger (e.g. 1600);
            private const int MinFaceSize = 48;                  // You can try 24 for this parameter.
            private const float DetectorStep = 0.11f;          // You can try 0.1 if using multi-view (pyramid) detector, 0.08 for frontal detector;

private void Initialize()
            {

this._detector = FaceSdkWrapper.CreateDetector(FaceDetectionType.MultiviewPyramid);   // You can use Multiview instead.
                this._alignmentor = FaceSdkWrapper.CreateAlignmentor(FaceAlignmentType.Asm);
                this._skin = FaceSdkWrapper.CreateSkinDetector();
            }

Thanks.

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:52 AM
    Owner
  • Hi

Thanks for the reply.
    I got that to work. however, the following code

IFaceDetector detector = FaceDetectorFactory.Create(Microsoft.FaceSdk.Detection.FaceDetectionType.Haar);

throws NullReferenceException when I try to run it from my code. I cant find anything else. Even when I run it standalone.
    Does not work with Multiview or with MultiviewPyramid. But it works fine in the demo sample. am I missing something in the initialization?

Here is the stack trace:

at Microsoft.FaceSdk.Common.ResourceHelper.OpenStream(String path)
       at Microsoft.FaceSdk.Detection.FaceDetector.MW2vn0mgYZ(String , String , DetectionArgs )
       at Microsoft.FaceSdk.Detection.FaceDetector..ctor()
       at Microsoft.FaceSdk.Detection.FaceDetectorFactory.Create(FaceDetectionType type)
       at CameraExplorer.DetectorWrapper..ctor(FaceDetectionType type)
       at CameraExplorer.SdkHelper.Initialize()
       at CameraExplorer.MainPage.<.ctor>b__0(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRun(Object argument)

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:12 PM
  • I guess it's due to the resource files required by the SDK are not compiled into the package. You'd better check the configuration of those resource files in your project by referring either to the sample codes or user manual.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:54 PM
    Owner
  • Hello nginx,

So can we use the FaceSDK on Windows 8 phones?  Your participation on this thread would seem to indicate that.  Could  you answer the questions on this thread?:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f33a6591-3451-45cf-ae81-ed5e82202ad2/can-facesdk-be-used-for-windows-phone-8-apps-?forum=facesdk

Thank you for making this SDK available to us in the developer community.

-- roschler

Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:13 AM