none
Recent user refresh rate RRS feed

• General discussion

• I believe recent user refresh rate is to high.

Could be a great idea make it configurable, in my country ( Colombia - Latinoamerica) most internet connections are too slow and a higher refresh rate in the recent users panel will turn the navigation in a bad user experience.

;)
    Juan Carlos Ruiz
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 1:32 PM

All replies

• I agree with this. Having the "avatars" down the right side on the main page pop in and out - that's too distracting. And clicking "Pause" didn't seem to stop it.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO and Word MVP
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:45 PM
  • When in the 'Forums' level, I just noticed that the 'Recent Users' pane included users across all four products. That is, when in Expression, users that have never posted in Expression are listed. (Even though they post ONLY in MSDN.)

And the same goes for the 'Top Answers' pane.

These 'should' be restricted to the current 'product' (MSDN, TechNet, Expression, Community.)

I recognize that this is most likely due to the cross-accessibility of the 'Announcements' section.

However, if the user is 'In' a product, his/her display information 'should' relate only to that product.

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:53 PM