Live Mesh will not remember my user ID and password RRS feed

• General discussion

• My Live Mesh will not remember my user ID and password. I click the sign in automatically box, but when I start up the computer the sign in box appears again and asks me for my ID and password. I am running XP and IE 8.

I am using XP and IE 8 on my Laptop and that works fine. Its really annoying having to keep typing my user ID and password every time I boot up.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 1:41 PM

All replies

• That is annoying and I haven't encountered this personally. I have seen this happen with Messenger and it is a known issue with Live Sync. I don't know where the credentials are stored, but it might be worth reinstalling Live Mesh and seeing if that helps.
    Before the reinstall, perhaps setting up another LiveID fof Live Mesh and signing in with that LiveID on the client, then signing out and back in with the original ID to see if it is remembered.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 2:26 PM
  • I have reinstalled Live Mesh but to no avail. I think it is something to do with how XP remembers my settings as it also does not save the last dictionary I was using in my Oxford Dictionary program, which my laptop which also uses XP does.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 12:00 PM
  • Are you using a program that deletes cookies and temporary Internet files on exit of IE or reboot? In IE8's settings, do you have "delete browsing history on exit" checked?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, January 29, 2010 3:56 PM