Sync timeframe behaviour RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a question about how the default sync behaviour would handle the following disconnected windows client scenario.

Lets say I have a customer orders table and sales rep X can view/edit orders for customer A only. Mr. X installs sync client app and syncs to the server. Downloading only existing orders for customer A.

Sales rep Y gets caught giving a 5 finger discount to celebrity customer number 1 and pursues a political career while Mr. X takes over the account. Access for Mr. X to customer number 1's order history is given and Mr. X runs a sync to the server. Mr. X can now see customer number 1 add/edit, but no order history data was downloaded. A uninstall/reinstall + sync downloads new customer's order history.

I imagine on the initial sync there's an anchor in time and although on subsequent sync's Mr. X has access to new data, this data is excluded because its time frame falls outside of previous sync anchor to date?

If true, how can I circumvent this behaviour?

Friday, September 7, 2012 12:08 PM

Answers

• you're right. Mr X doesn't get the older order history because they haven't changed.

Sync fx doesn't support "partition realignment" or rows going in and out of scope.

you can do a dummy update on those rows to increment their timestamps.

• Marked as answer by Louw Grobler Saturday, September 8, 2012 10:04 AM
    Saturday, September 8, 2012 5:12 AM