how to attach a file to custom field in crm2011 ? RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

how to attach a file to the custom field in crm2011 ?

i mean, when i attach a file into my entity, that attachment should sit in a custom field.

i went through this link and im not clear about the answer.

help me to achieve this.

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hello Poseidon:

Refer to this custom plug-in. It is developed by me and I think it will fulfill your requirement.

File Upload Plug-in

If my suggestion helps you in solving your issue, kindly do me a great favor by marking it as correct answer. Thanks in advance "Saurabh Gupta, MS CRM 2011 Software Development Engineer"

• Marked as answer by Ravitheja J Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:03 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 12:03 PM

All replies

• Hello Poseidon:

Refer to this custom plug-in. It is developed by me and I think it will fulfill your requirement.

File Upload Plug-in

If my suggestion helps you in solving your issue, kindly do me a great favor by marking it as correct answer. Thanks in advance "Saurabh Gupta, MS CRM 2011 Software Development Engineer"

• Marked as answer by Ravitheja J Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:03 AM
  • it can be done through silverlight.

Please don't forget to Vote and marked as answer If this post answers your question or was helpful, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Be wise

• Hi,

You can do a similar procedure to add a fileupload control using silverlight as shown in the below link and create a annotation.  Using silverlight, the possibilities are unlimited, you can add any control, say delete button, etc.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rsquare/archive/2011/10/15/hello-msdn-uploading-and-contact-images-in-msdn.aspx

I think Saurabh's plugin also works in your case. 

Thanks and Regards,

Palani

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:11 PM