Files Deleted From Personal Folder! RRS feed

• Question

• All my files have disappeared from my personal folder!  All bar one, so I'm sure it's not human error as I can't see how I could have deleted all files and folders, but somehow left one behind.

Is there anyway to recover deleted files e.g. like a recycle bin?  If not :-( , how can I protect myself in the future?
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 1:05 PM

Answers

• All office files, but it's not the know corruption prob as they've all disappeared as well as the folder structure.  Tried the previous versions suggestion but it didn't work - prob cause I rebooted :-(

Thanks for trying.  I've now added the JungleDisk service so hopefully this won't happen to me again.
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:29 PM

All replies

• Presumably this is your folder on the WHS share? Hard to see how this would have happened; were there many? Any particular types of file?

If you're not running an HP build and you haven't rebooted, it would be worth seeing if there are any Previous Versions, though people have had varying luck with them for a variety of reasons. Right click your folder name and check the properties.

Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:16 PM
  • All office files, but it's not the know corruption prob as they've all disappeared as well as the folder structure.  Tried the previous versions suggestion but it didn't work - prob cause I rebooted :-(

Thanks for trying.  I've now added the JungleDisk service so hopefully this won't happen to me again.
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:29 PM