hMailServer database. RRS feed

• Question

• Attention: Microsoft Developer Network staff:

I have recently created an hMailServer database in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.  However, I am unable to successfully configure hMailServer 5.6.6 - B2383.  Using the hMailServer Database Setup wizard, I click on the "Next" button on the "Welcome" dialog box.  Then, I leave the "Create a new hMailServer database" radio button selected, and click the "Next" button on the "Select option" dialog box.  Then, I leave the "Microsoft SQL Server" radio button selected, and click on the "Next" button on the "Select database server type" dialog box.  Then, I enter "192.168.0.2" in the "Database server address" field, "hMailServer" in the "Database name" field, leave the "Use server authentication" radio button selected, enter a user name in the "Username" field, and a password in the "Password" field, and click on the "Next" button on the "Enter server connection information" dialog box.  Then, I select the "Apache2.4 (Apache2.4)" service dependency, and click on the "Next" button on the "Set hMailServer service dependency" dialog box.  Then, I click the "Next" button on the "Finish" dialog box.  Then, I receive the following error message:

"Starting task...
     Please wait while creating database...
     ADO: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong?  When I click on the "View" drop down menu in Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, then click on the "Server Explorer" menu item, then click next to the database icon, then right-click next to the database icon ( with the following database name associated with it: "russell1-pc\sqlexpress.hMailServer.dbo" ), then click on the "Browse in SQL Server Object Explorer" menu item, an hMailServer database icon is clearly visible, which can be expanded to show a list of other items.  Why am I receiving the above-given error message?  Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help.  Keep in touch.

Sincerely in Christ,

Russell E. Willis

P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.

Friday, March 30, 2018 3:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Russell,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, it seems your issue is about the hMailServer and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/ to seek for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, April 2, 2018 7:27 AM