none
user paladun comments posted 4 times RRS feed

• Question

• The user 'paladun's responses were posted four times, and he seemed to think that it was a bug (Whoa! Don't know what happened there. Guess they're still debugging these forums, eh?)

I'm not sure myself, but I thought I'd mention it.

-O.B.

Take a chance. Prepare to be surprised.
    Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:18 PM

Answers

• Ok, so the code fix didn't make the release that went live yesterday but we did get a patch for it out earlier today :)

Also, a configuration update was made to several web boxes to fix the underlying issue. This is also why it was intermittent...

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:47 AM

All replies

• Oliver Black said:

It's been a couple months, and it's still happening.

Web Designers for Obama/Biden 08.

???

I am at a loss as to why you are dredging this up after three months. First, it is not still happening, at least to me. Being reasonably observant, I recognized after a couple of occurrences that, despite the "There was a problem processing your request" error message, the message was in fact being posted. Thenceforth I began using the forum breadcrumb at the top of the page to end the edit session, so it hasn't occurred since. In fact, I have since regularly instructed other forum users in the method I use to avoid multiple duplicated posts, as can easily be confirmed by reviewing my posts in EW.

Second, this is the same problem which has been thrashed to death here, under various topic headers, including my own thread with that error message as the topic. What you intended to accomplish by this post escapes me, but for future reference, the next time you decide to inflate your numbers with meaningless posts, kindly leave me the hell out of the conversation. Understood?

scott

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:05 PM
  • Scott, I don't want to start a vicious circle [again].

I'm sorry if you feel I keep attacking you, but really, I'm just trying to help the forum. That's all I meant by posting this.

If you show a little bit more respect for my feelings (inflating my numbers???) then I will make sure I don't post anything that might offend you, and will commit to a positive attitude as well.

Can we start over?

(Moderators, I apologize for this thread going off-topic)

Web Designers for Obama/Biden 08.
    • Edited by Oliver Black Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:52 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:26 PM
  • Lord, did it ever.  That was a typical scenario at the old forum site too, users starting to blame each other for the misery.  Whomever reported it first is surely responsible for the bug.  Hogwash, Live Alerts has been off-line all weekend, every submit is a "there was an error" one, every futile attempt at hitting the Submit pixels is a duplicate post. 

Let's play the blame game.  Is it Live.com or is it MSDN?  Gawd, I hope I don't have to choose, I can't win.  We can't win, and that's way too typical too.  Alicia, we need you to do something.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 1:36 AM
  • Lord, did it ever.  That was a typical scenario at the old forum site too, users starting to blame each other for the misery.  Whomever reported it first is surely responsible for the bug.  Hogwash, Live Alerts has been off-line all weekend, every submit is a "there was an error" one, every futile attempt at hitting the Submit pixels is a duplicate post. 

Let's play the blame game.  Is it Live.com or is it MSDN?  Gawd, I hope I don't have to choose, I can't win.  We can't win, and that's way too typical too.  Alicia, we need you to do something.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 1:36 AM
  •  One of the changes in our next Major release is a revamp of our Notifications mechanisms, Live Alerts being one of them. The way it's being refactored will take care of the problem as it currently manifests itself, so New Threads AND Replies will complete successfully period. It'll become more of an out of proc background issue (w/ retries if a service is down).

We're still working pretty hard on that release and it likely won't be out until the Nov timeframe. We do have a smaller patch release which is going through testing right now. I will bring up this morning to see if there's any possibility of getting in some kind of more minor fix for the Reply scenario.
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Monday, September 22, 2008 4:17 PM
  • Ok, so the code fix didn't make the release that went live yesterday but we did get a patch for it out earlier today :)

Also, a configuration update was made to several web boxes to fix the underlying issue. This is also why it was intermittent...

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:47 AM