WHS and multiple domains RRS feed

• Question

• I previously had WHS running with two computers at home. I also run a business out of my house and have a business domain running from my home network.  Today I rebuilt one of my home computers with Win7 and joined it to the domain since that will be its primary purpose.  I still want to access some shares on the WHS server and have write access.  Anyone know how to do this without making right access public?

Thanks

Pirooz Javan
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:12 PM

Answers

• I previously had WHS running with two computers at home. I also run a business out of my house and have a business domain running from my home network.  Today I rebuilt one of my home computers with Win7 and joined it to the domain since that will be its primary purpose.  I still want to access some shares on the WHS server and have write access.  Anyone know how to do this without making right access public?

Thanks

Pirooz Javan

It should work if you create a user on WHS and match the user name and password to whatever it is on your Win7 client.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pirooz Javan Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:37 PM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:31 PM

All replies

Thanks

Pirooz Javan

It should work if you create a user on WHS and match the user name and password to whatever it is on your Win7 client.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pirooz Javan Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:37 PM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:31 PM
  • woops...I guess tried to be too specific.  I went into WHS and tried to add <domain>\<username> and it wouldn't allow it.  I've added the <username> alone and it works...thanks!

Pirooz Javan
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 11:37 PM