What exactly is required to become a MCP? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sure this is a trivial question to those who know, but it's never stated in so many words.

My work is trying to renew our Silver Partner status and we need two MCP's with the following additions tests....

I've tried searching this site, but all I get are hits from posts where MCP is in someone's signature block!

I followed a link for "MCP" to this page, (which I cannot link to) from the Silver Partner page, but it never says exactly what tests are required to become a MCP.  It just seems to list various other categories (which I cannot link to).

I even tried going to mcp.microsoft.com but, you have to be a MCP first ... (kind of like the first rule of Fight Club).

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:42 PM

Answers

• Pass one certification exam - that's it
    • Marked as answer by -Larry- Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:25 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Pass one certification exam - that's it
    • Marked as answer by -Larry- Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Your workplace should check with MPN to see if there are specific competency requirements.

Other than that, as Charles said, you need to pass a Microsoft exam to be an MCP. Thereafter, you need to take all required exams for the specific technical certification you want to achieve, e.g., MCSA Windows Server 2012 or MCSE Data Platform.

Veronica Sopher, Community Manager, Microsoft Learning

Friday, April 5, 2013 4:28 PM
  • boss tell me what is paper code please..................? immediately
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:56 PM