WHS 2011 Connector (Launchpad) fails to launch RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, I wanted to access my WHS 2011 server from my local computer to check several things and realized that the Launchpad icon was missing, I tried launching the program and nothing appeared to happen.

After poking about I found the Launchpad log and found this in the log.

[17176] 141209.203003.9445: ProviderFramework: Information: [0] : AsyncConnector: Connection failed: (SecurityNegotiationException) A remote side security requirement was not fulfilled during authentication. Try increasing the ProtectionLevel and/or ImpersonationLevel. ==> (AuthenticationException) A remote side security requirement was not fulfilled during authentication. Try increasing the ProtectionLevel and/or ImpersonationLevel. ==> (Win32Exception) The network logon failed

This appears to be the relevant part of the log.

I am at a loss on how to fix this problem.

If I log onto my computer through a secondary Admin account that I created as an emergency backdoor into the system, Launchpad runs and I am able to gain access to everything on the server.

Thursday, January 15, 2015 3:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Just for a test, please access the RWA via that problematic administrator account and check if connect to the home server successfully.

When logon the WHS 2011, please open Dashboard and click Users tab, then check the Status of that problematic administrator account. Any difference?

If this issue still exist, please un-join the computer from the home server, then re-connect the client computer to the home server. Then monitor the result.

à After poking about I found the Launchpad log and found this in the log.

By the way, would you please let me know more details of this Launchpad log file? You can upload it to OneDrive, then post the link here. (Please hide or remove the protected and private information.)

If any update, please feel free to let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Monday, January 26, 2015 4:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:27 AM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 2:22 AM