RC1 cant download RRS feed

• Question

• I can't download RC1. My connect says I am not participating in any test. But I know I am I have whs and was accepted into beta testing. When I try to enter my acceptance code it says it is already in use or they are no longer accepting applications. What gives? Any ideas anyone?
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:31 PM

Answers

•  Butch2112 wrote:
    I can't download RC1. My connect says I am not participating in any test. But I know I am I have whs and was accepted into beta testing. When I try to enter my acceptance code it says it is already in use or they are no longer accepting applications. What gives? Any ideas anyone?

They've made some changes to the WHS connect site. Go to https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer

Click on the apply link, fill out the participation survey, again, and there are the downloads.

Hope that helps...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:15 PM

All replies

•  Butch2112 wrote:
    I can't download RC1. My connect says I am not participating in any test. But I know I am I have whs and was accepted into beta testing. When I try to enter my acceptance code it says it is already in use or they are no longer accepting applications. What gives? Any ideas anyone?

They've made some changes to the WHS connect site. Go to https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer

Click on the apply link, fill out the participation survey, again, and there are the downloads.

Hope that helps...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:15 PM
  • Wooohooo, thanks for the tip. I was still waiting for my email about being accepted into the programme.

Currently downloading at 2211.2 KB/sec Big Smile 10 minutes to go.. And there was me heading for an early night...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:42 PM
  • Thanks that did it!
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:44 PM
  • W00t! As I believe the kids say.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:52 PM
  •  emigrating wrote:

Currently downloading at 2211.2 KB/sec Big Smile 10 minutes to go

I am downloading for the first time and getting 120KB/sec tops

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:55 PM
  • thanks! currentyl downloading at 750 K/s.. 25 minutes left!
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:09 AM
  •  JakeW wrote:
     emigrating wrote:

Currently downloading at 2211.2 KB/sec Big Smile 10 minutes to go

I am downloading for the first time and getting 120KB/sec tops

My download peaked at just over 2600KBs.. Which I found rather impressive considering I'm (only) on a 24Mbps DSL line. Took longer to burn the DVD and CDs than it did to actually download the files Smile Currently Finalizing installation so I'm almost there.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:25 AM
  • TY this answered my question posted in another thread, much appreciated! Downloading now
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 3:28 AM
  • So, is this the very latest version available?

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/Downloads

I too was waiting for a confirmation email / invitation.

TIA,

Stephen

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:55 AM
  • The latest version is always available via Connect.  When the team posts a new version, they remove the older version.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 1:35 PM
  • is it still possible to download a copy?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:21 PM
  •  eHaze wrote:
    is it still possible to download a copy?
    No. Microsoft turned off downloads several weeks ago, and the key generator a few days later. You will have to wait until WHS is available in the system builder channel to purchase it. Or if you prefer, until the OEMs like HP have their products on the market. There will also be a time limited (120 day) evaluation version available directly from Microsoft for the cost of media and shipping.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:31 PM
  • thanks for the info.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:08 PM