70-642 Exam Format RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have not done a Microsoft Exam since 70-210 about 7 years ago.
    I am about to embark on the re-certification process once again and wondered if anyone knows the format of the exam 70-642. I am aware that it is 2 h 15m long but how many questions? Is it multpile choice? Are there any simulations in it?
    Any information you have would be useful as I like to know what to expect.

Cheers
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Tony,

The testing environment has not changed a lot since the Windows 2000 exams.
    This is mainly multipule choice but you should prepare yourself for this and be familiar with the Server 2008 environment.

The MS Press training guide goes though this process with you so you can be confidant at the Server and in Theory.
    I used this book and installed Server 2008 on my system at home using the recommended training in this book.
    It also comes with some good practice exams, using this resource only with my computer I passed with a good mark.

I cannot tell you any more, but there is nothing more you will need to prepare for this exam.

Good Luck, This exam is nothing to be scared of. If you put in the hours to learn this properly then you will have nothing to worry about.

Have a look for ISBN-13: 9780735625129 at you MSPress reseller.

Jarad, Brisbane Australia
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:45 PM
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:46 AM
  • This question seems to get asked A LOT.  The number of questions can vary from 40-60.  The 70-642 is primarily multiple guess.  If you use decent study materials (MS Press, Sybex, CBT Nuggets, Trainsignal, TestOut, etc), most of these include sample/practice tests.  The type of questions you see on the practice tests is what you'll most likely see on the actual exam.
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:44 PM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:00 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• This question seems to get asked A LOT.  The number of questions can vary from 40-60.  The 70-642 is primarily multiple guess.  If you use decent study materials (MS Press, Sybex, CBT Nuggets, Trainsignal, TestOut, etc), most of these include sample/practice tests.  The type of questions you see on the practice tests is what you'll most likely see on the actual exam.
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:44 PM
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:00 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Tony,

The testing environment has not changed a lot since the Windows 2000 exams.
    This is mainly multipule choice but you should prepare yourself for this and be familiar with the Server 2008 environment.

The MS Press training guide goes though this process with you so you can be confidant at the Server and in Theory.
    I used this book and installed Server 2008 on my system at home using the recommended training in this book.
    It also comes with some good practice exams, using this resource only with my computer I passed with a good mark.

I cannot tell you any more, but there is nothing more you will need to prepare for this exam.

Good Luck, This exam is nothing to be scared of. If you put in the hours to learn this properly then you will have nothing to worry about.

Have a look for ISBN-13: 9780735625129 at you MSPress reseller.

Jarad, Brisbane Australia
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:45 PM
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:46 AM