Cloud Backup Question RRS feed

• Question

• I see now that there are several ADD-INS that allow you to backup WHS2011 to cloud services (S3 for example). Am I to believe that if I purchase this service that the 2TB backup limit is out of play since it will be transferring data over the wan/internet to the cloud service?

Or would it still be an issue?

Thanks...

Friday, December 16, 2011 4:06 PM

Answers

• Ok thanks Ken. I just read about Phil's suggesting using Synctoy or Syncback.
    • Marked as answer by rdmsys Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:00 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:00 PM

All replies

• Before you think too hard about which cloud backup service you want to use, do the math. You'll quickly realize that they're totally impractical except for very small amounts of critical data.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, December 16, 2011 4:24 PM
  • Ok thanks Ken. I just read about Phil's suggesting using Synctoy or Syncback.
    • Marked as answer by rdmsys Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:00 PM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:00 PM
  • You need to store your data in Cloud ( S3 Location). Some backup software providing unlimited storage with your data are storing encrypted format in Cloud (s3 Location). (E.g) StoreGrid Cloud, Etc

Boopathi Raja T

Monday, January 30, 2012 1:16 PM
  • I'm using Zoolz for my cloud backup. They have 4GB free on Amazon S3 with encryption. You can add as many machines as you have or invite others to use it. Like dropbox you can get 250MB from invites.

http://www.zoolz.com

CJ

Sunday, February 5, 2012 3:13 PM