none
Workstation node will not join cluster RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently in the process of testing to see if HPC is right for us.  I am having problems getting the workstation node to join the cluster.  Here is what I have going on.  Fresh install of 2008 server, setup AD, DNS and IIS.  Installed HPC Pack R2, setup as headnode.  Went through standard initial steps in cluster manager, set credentials as the domain admin, then created a default workstation node template.  Used a Windows 7 64bit machine and joined it to the domain.  Logged on as the domain admin and then installed HPC Pack.  Selected the headnode during setup and setup as a workstation node.  When I try to assign a node template to the workstation in cluster manager, it will not complete and the provisioning logs show that it has an "authentication error.  The server rejected the clients credentials."   I can log onto the cluster manager on the workstation and I can manage it just fine.  It is just when I try to assign it a node template that it will not work.  Does anyone have any idea of how I can correct this problem.
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:01 AM

All replies

• Did you add the user to the cluster users? If you didn't this might the problem. You can do it in the Configuration Pane.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 8:01 PM