Sync Fx 1.0 to Sync 2.0 CTP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a c# synchronization layer(synchronizing Sql ent and Sql express) which works well with Sync Fx 1.0 except batching; what is the feasibility of using Sync Fx 2.0 CTP2 in same library or should I create new c# Synchronization layer?

I guess we have new providers which creates change tracking metadata automatically, with CTP2 they have replaced old anchor table with scope table, there are some additional columns in XXX_tracking tables and somemore additional commands.

Please suggest, whether it's altogetther new development?
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:23 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Gayathri,

Thanks for your inputs!

As suggested by Sean {http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/uklaunch2007ado.net/thread/0072d8f3-2876-4e9c-9677-98d0fe28e774}, it is possible to use SqlSyncProvider for hub-n-spoke scenario in addition to peer-to-peer collaboration.

We found that we need to create Scope first and then provision the server if we use CTP2, which is different from that of Sync Fx 1.0, so I feel there would be major change in my library...so I am thinking of creating altogether new project.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:40 PM

All replies

• Hi DevUser1,

Are you using Server-client providers? if so, you can move to Sync Fx 2.0 CTP2 in the same library.

If you are using Peer-Peer collaboration providers, Sync Fx 2.0 CTP2 provides you with lot more options. SqlSyncProvider,
    SqlCeSyncProvider, and DbSyncProvider support collaboration scenarios. SqlSyncProvider and SqlCeSyncProvider are used, respectively, to synchronize SQL Server and SQL Server Compact databases. DbSyncProvider is typically used to synchronize non-SQL Server databases.

Take a look at 'Synchronizing Databases' section of Sync Fx 2.0 documentation to learn more about them.
    • Proposed as answer by Gayathri TK Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:01 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by DevUser1 Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:30 PM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:01 PM
  • Hi Gayathri,

Thanks for your inputs!

As suggested by Sean {http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/uklaunch2007ado.net/thread/0072d8f3-2876-4e9c-9677-98d0fe28e774}, it is possible to use SqlSyncProvider for hub-n-spoke scenario in addition to peer-to-peer collaboration.

We found that we need to create Scope first and then provision the server if we use CTP2, which is different from that of Sync Fx 1.0, so I feel there would be major change in my library...so I am thinking of creating altogether new project.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 2:40 PM