Problem with reporting RRS feed

• Question

• We have a CRM 4.0 environment connecting to W2k8/SQL2008 Server and it has been working fine. Only we now upgraded the SQL-server to W2k8-R2 and SQL2008-R2, since then we could no longer generate report. I have removed and reinstall the "SRS Data Connector for Dynamics CRM" on the SQL-server, but this did not help.

My view is that probably the CRM update patch level between the Application and the SQLServer might no longer be compatible. The last update applied to both environment was rollup-10, should I reapplied it or I can just applied rollup-21?

Any idea where I should look further.

Thanks

• Edited by topokin Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:41 PM
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:32 PM

All replies

• You might start by looking in the Windows Event Logs after trying to generate a report and also in the Reporting Services logs (%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\LogFiles) to see what error(s) are there. This would provide a better indication on what the issue is. 

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:27 AM
  • I Was able to resolve the problem by applying Update Rollups 4,5,8,9 and 10 on the SQL-Server. These are the same Updates we had applied on the application so far before upgrading the SQL-Server.

Since Update Rollup 21 is now available, is this cumulative and could be applied directly . Or I would have to first apply the prior updates?
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:30 AM
  • I believe UR 21 requires UR 7 at a minimum.

KB2621054

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:35 AM