Struggling to get the site crawled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All The last time this web site www.orangebus.eu was crawled was 3/3/08, I have submitted the new site map to no avail, still no crawl or indexing beyond the homepage. Can anyone please see any issues preventing the crawl. Thanks

Sunday, March 30, 2008 11:37 PM

Answers

• Hi All, reporting back as promised. the site was reported as crawled on 25/04/08, and two additional paged reported as indexed. I suppose I should be pleased, however the site has thirty pages so a little disappointed. The site map was resubmitted this week with all the changed pages, back to the waiting game again. Thanks all for your interest.

UPDATE 03 May 2008

Seems to have "kicked off" now with18 pages indexed, now the long haul to the top of the SERPs. Thanks all for your help.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:53 PM

All replies

• hi PlanetEarth,

I looked in your sitemap.xml file at the root directory of your site.All files'  last modification tag are <lastmod>2008-02-26</lastmod> .So maybe due to this your are getting no fresh crawl since  3/3/08.Updating the <lastmod> tag may help.

thanks

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 4:30 AM
  • kris, many thanks, I have changed the date and resubmitted the sitemap, lets see, cheers

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:59 AM
  • welcome,pls let me know if you get reasult within reasonable time.You know, we all love to see results.I will equally be happy if your purpose is met. 

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 11:25 AM
  • Hi, nothing as yet, webmaster tools still show the last visit as 3rd March, I have changed the sitemap as suggested and re-submitted it a couple of days ago. I will post any progress here. Mick

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:19 PM
  • Here we are 10th April, and still no change. Can anyone suggest what may be preventing MSN from visiting the site. Last Crawl 3/3 thanks

Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:27 AM
  • Hi,

Have you looked into your logs? The webmaster tools are still in beta and it sometimes doesn't update the "crawled date". We are working on this and hope to release a fix shortly. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Brett 

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:14 PM
  • Hi Brett, thank you for your interest and comments. I dont have access to any server logs, Im  just going on  the information in webmaster tools  secondly the home page (which is indexed by MSN ) and has changed since it was last crawled is still showing the same information as in March, and thirdly no other pages have been indexed. So Im a little confused. Thanks will keep you all posted. Cheers Brett. kind regards Mick
    Friday, April 11, 2008 8:49 PM
  • We have been trying since November 2006 with  msn etc to get 11 sites read as all dropped in the November and have not been read to any use since after Msn changes then.

we created there beta autorization file and placed as required  NO diffference with the correct Live search xml

All other major  search engines from Google Yahoo Yandex rambler etc  no problems at all but livesearch is  a complete disaster.

So I can appreciate you situation we even paid web engineers to try with no result.

For us the sooner  Msn is  abolished the world will be better with more reliable companies, !! 

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:18 PM
  • Hi All, reporting back as promised. the site was reported as crawled on 25/04/08, and two additional paged reported as indexed. I suppose I should be pleased, however the site has thirty pages so a little disappointed. The site map was resubmitted this week with all the changed pages, back to the waiting game again. Thanks all for your interest.

UPDATE 03 May 2008

Seems to have "kicked off" now with18 pages indexed, now the long haul to the top of the SERPs. Thanks all for your help.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:53 PM