How to deploy Sync Framework dll in Windows Azure RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a WCF service in worker role using net tcp protocol. The service is using Sync framework 2.1 for synchronization between SQLCE and SQL Azure.

Locally it works fine. But in Azure the service is not running after deployment it throws error:

"Role instances recycled for a certain amount of times during an update or upgrade operation. This indicates that the new version of your service or the configuration settings you provided when configuring the service prevent role instances from running. The most likely reason for this is that your code throws an unhandled exception. Please consider fixing your service or changing your configuration settings so that role instances do not throw unhandled exceptions. Then start another update or upgrade operation. Until you start another update or upgrade operation, Windows Azure will continue trying to update your service to the new version or configuration you provided"

The service has references of Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe.dll, System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll, which I suspect the source of issues. I have deployed the sync dlls as per the documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff928660(v=sql.110).aspx.

What could be the error? Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:22 AM

All replies

• how are you deploying it? via VS?

i think you can remove the references to the SQL CE assemblies for the service side.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

I have created the package through VS2010 and deployed it through Azure- Management portal.

I cannot remove the server side reference of the said assemblies as my code refers them. Is it not possible to deploy the CE related dll to Azure?

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:58 AM
  • if you have VS Ultimate, i suggest you debug it via Intellitrace.

speaking of your net tcp config, are you deploying using fixed ip?

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

I have VS Professional.  Yes, I have used fixed ip.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:40 AM
  • Thanks, I have already seen this link. But I have deployed WCF in net tcp protocol (in worker role), not http.

Any idea whether Azure supports deployment of SQL CE assemblies.

Thanks & Regards

Kakali Gupta

raich
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:45 AM