none
*IMPORTANT* - 'SysListView32' Bug with multiple items selection with 'Windows 10 Fall Creators Update' RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear Microsoft,

After the 'Windows 10 Fall Creators' update im having a problem with a lot of my software.

When i have a program that is using a 'SysListView32' component where you can select multiple files.
    You will notice if you scroll down to the middle of the list by mousewheel or the scrollbars itself, and then try to select multple items, 
    that the mouse starts to go by itself to the bottom or top of your screen.
    If you then try to keep holding down left button and moving in a direction, you see it's resisting, it wants to go to the bottom or top of screen.

Results:

Windows 10 Fall Creators version: 
    1709  (16299.19)

Test environment: 
    1 PC: Clean installation Windows 10 Pro, nothing installed except WinRar. To be totally sure.
    4 PC: They had nothing in common with eachother, only that they all using a 1920x1080 screen and Intel i7 (860 up to 6700k) generation cpu

Results:
    All the 5 PC's ive tested now when i scroll down to middle of list (SysListView32) at 'Icon' mode (but also 'Details' mode), and i try to select multiple items/files by mouse, the mouse starts to go to bottom or top of screen.

Happens with:
    'Microsoft Windows Explorer', 'WinRar', 'WinZip', '7z', 'Ws FTP Pro'. they all have this bug now.
    More applications i did not test with, it's obvious its the SysListView32 object.

Windows 10 Fall Creators version (Insiders edition):
    1709  (17025.1000)

Test environment: 
    1 PC: Clean installation Windows 10 Pro Insiders, updated with latest updates, nothing installed except WinRar to test.

Results:
    For 'Microsoft Windows Explorer' the bug has been solved.
    BUT. the bug remains for: 
    'WinRar', 'WinZip', '7z', 'Ws FTP Pro', and any non-Microsoft software for me.

Systems used:
    I7 860 up to 6700k, 6 up to 16 GB, Nvidia 660TI up to 780TI, 1920x1080 monitors, SSD drives, Logitech mices (gaming and non-gaming).

I've even tested it to create a 'SysListView32' object with the 'CreateWindowEx' and stripped it to the bone.
    Not even subclassed it or anything, and added 100 items to the list so that the listview gets scrollbars, then if you scroll to middle and try to select multiple items you see this bug happens.
    Somewhere Windows 10 Fall Creators update is calling a 'SetCursorPos' API with the wrong coordinates.

Can someone please confirm this is a bug after the Fall Creators update?
    Because this never happened before from Windows 10 all the way down to Windows XP.

You can test it yourself by having the Fall Creators update, then install rarlab.com (WinRar).

Then add 100 small files to a archive, then open the created archive with WinRar. Scroll down to middle of list, and then try to select multiple items. You will notice the mouse starts to go all over the screen selecting anything underway.

Monday, November 6, 2017 4:13 PM

All replies

• Hi  Michiel123,

thanks for posting here.

Sorry for late reply.

>>After the 'Windows 10 Fall Creators' update im having a problem with a lot of my software.

From your description, I found you have used the 'SysListView32' component develop a program.

But, After the 'Windows 10 Fall Creators' update, your software have a lot problem.

Then, After you have tested some of the software and found that it may be due to the 'SysListView32' component.

If your program is working well before 'Windows 10 Fall Creators Update'. I think your question is more about Windows using, you can go to the Microsoft Community for suitable help. The Visual C# discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools .

If you have any question about C# programming, you can include all necessary code snippets for anyone else to be able to reproduce your issue from scratch along with a detailed description about the results including any exception messages.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Fei Hu Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:47 AM
    Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Dear Yohann Lu,

A mouse, should not move by itself to the wrong coordinates.
    This bug has nothing to do with not understanding Windows 10 Fall Creators update.
    How i know it's the SysListView32 is because when you run Microsoft Spy++ (its developed by Microsoft itself) and you select the listview of the software. Microsoft Spy++ will tell you its a SysListView32 object - thats how i know the listview of 7z, WinRar, WS FTP Pro, and all the others rely on the ''SysListView32''.

Ive created a more detailed document about the problem here:
    (it has links to forums where people report the same problem, and a youtube video where you can see what the problem is, and also a fix)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/important-syslistview32-bug-with-multiple-items/9e6198f7-a38a-4614-bc89-4781a9bde748?tm=1509985739913

• Edited by Michiel123 Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:36 PM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:55 PM

• Hi   Michiel123,

Thanks for your feedback, from your further description, your issue is about Windows using. You are already in the right forum to ask your questions, please be patient for their reply.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Yohann Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:11 AM
  • This bug affects regedit.exe too!

Windows 10 x86-64, Fall Creators update, version 1709, build 16299.98 still not fixed.

• Edited by Alessio T Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:49 PM
    Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:48 PM
  • 16299.192 regedit is ok.
    In 7zip, etc bug still exist. When it will be fixed?
    Saturday, January 20, 2018 9:48 PM
  • Crazy seeing that bug exist for almost a half year now. And EVERYONE on earth except Microsoft employees seem facing this issue. I knew that they have many devs working with MacOS and Linux, but seems like there is no one using Windows 10 at all anymore... 

Too bad. Actually, Windows is really fresh :P 

• Edited by MA-Maddin Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:36 PM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:32 PM