none
Many corrupted files on USB and Netwok drives using SyncToy V2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Never used anything else but SyncToy V2.0. If it would work flawless it would be great.

However after having used it for several months I did by accident a check on the various directories.

I copied form the C: drive to the K: drive (usb 2.0 size 1T) and discovered a lot of corrupted photo's in many sub-directories.

Photo's I copied from my camera's to K: directly are all OK.

Having the C: drive to full I stared later using the K: drive as "source" and made copies to a network drive (Iomega 500GB).

Again many photo's at random corrupted in many directories. It will be a ____ of a job to sort out within all these directories a new "original" that is not having corrupted files.

The corrupted photo's do have nothing in common. Several examples where e.g. one photo has somebody with eyes closed => you make a split second later an ohter. One of the two is after SyncToy corrupted on the other drive.

Other example is with trough a flat bed scanner scanned in photo's. Same problem. Resolution , file size or digital camera type dos not matter. Have examples with origanals from two different CASIO, One Canon and a flat bed scanner.

Very painfull error in the programme. Sad to read in your forum that this was known a long time ago and that MS did not put the effort to correct the problem. I started using V2.0 for the first time late 2008 when the problem was known !!

Hope a correction will follow a.s.a.p. since the programme is worth it.

In case somebody has an alternative please let me know !
    Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:34 PM

Answers

• Hi -

We found that there was abug when using SyncToy on a NAS ( network drive). SyncToy 2.1 has a fix for this issue - we apologize for the corruption of the files.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:36 PM