RC converted to Evaluation Copy ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Yesterday my RC copy of WHS reported that I have another 30 days of evaluation before it expires. Went into the console/seetings/resources to find that my RC is now evaluation copy that will expire on 28/09/2007 !!!

Checked the local shops in Perth - Australia for OEM copy, but majority of the shops don't even konw what is WHS. We in Oz usually lag a couple of months behind USA and my RC (evaluation) copy will most likely expire before the OEM version becomes locally available.

I wouldn't like to go again through an experiance similar to the upgrade from beta to RC1  (full reinstall + data reinstall).

Very dissapointing,    

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Zvon

The version information is given below

Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1424.2
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1424.2
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1424.2
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1424.2
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1424.2

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• I see that OZDirect has WHS listed as available and in stock. There won't be a retail package that's software only. As a system builder, you'll have to buy the OEM software.
    Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:50 PM
  • I wouldn't like to go again through an experiance similar to the upgrade from beta to RC1  (full reinstall + data reinstall).

You'll be able to do a reinstall with the OEM version (you have it there earlier than many other places, including US and UK!) though many here would still recommend a fresh install to ensure you get off to a clean start with no legacy issues.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:27 PM